The reason why this tv it doesn't looks as having a lamp cover is because has a front panel first to deal with. identify first this one to release it:
the front cover is easy to identify because is big and the power button at the center identify this big part. this big plastic 10 inches width and it is large as the tv all the way east to west in the bottom of the set. It is attach to the set with two screws. this two screws are find in the extreme
of this front cover
but in the back side. They looks as gray dimes (coins) actually you can use one dime to unscrew them. Ready!
the lamp is covered with little door 3 inches square left side of the power button called lamp cover. use again your dime to release this last screw holding the lamp cover. inside you find the lamp.
- when the screws are release (not all the way out just release) is not the only thing attaching it to the body
- note: Sony Co. in this front cover thought to clip it with three 1 inch diameter clips you can locate them with great deal of imagination: The location of them is this: if you trace an imagine line: trace it starting on the power button as center but something as 30 inches left and another 30 inches right outside + another immediately down but this time vertical line down as 3 inches down,
- "this is half of the job"
- releasing this front cover is hard and kind of puzzle because you take the front cover from top side towards you (watch your fingers is really hard to make this operation you need a strong fingers) note: the bottom is trapped with another inner plastic obstruction. Now with this clips in your mind try to release this clips (this clips make a weird sound when are release something as you already broke the panel. don't panic)
- Until here the panel was release and in your hands put a side.