order to use another microphone other than the built in microphone on a
Logitech web camera, you will need to configure the new microphone to
be your system's default microphone.
To change the default microphone in Windows:
- Click "Start," "Settings," and "Control Panel."
- Open the applet that corresponds to your operating system.
- Windows 98 users, double click on "Multimedia."
- Windows Me and Windows 2000 users, double click on "Sounds and Multimedia."
- Windows XP users, double click on "Sound and Audio Devices"
- Click the Audio tab.
- Set the microphone to the sound card in the drop down box that is appropriate for your operating system.
- Windows 98 and Me users, click on the Preferred Device for Recording box.
- Windows XP and Windows 2000, click on the Default Device box under Sound Recording.
If you are using the built in mic, open the Quickcam 11.5 software and adjust Audio Settings
The Audio Settings provide access to device selection, basic audio levels, and AEC.
Select Microphone– Allows you to select desired microphone for video calling and video recording applications.
Volume indicator – Indicates the current input volume level..
Adjust Recording Volume – Toggles input volume level.
Cancel Echo – Enables or disables AEC for RightLight and RightLight 2 supported cameras.
Select Speakers – Allows you to select desired speaker source for video calling and recording applications.
Audio Tuning Wizard – Launches the Audio Tuning Wizard
If all this fails, it could indicate a problem with your soundcard. Try using some speakers or another mic and see if they work. If they don't, you card is faulty. Remenber to set up your mic in the volume properties. On the lower right hand of the screen, you should see a volume icon. Right click and select open volume control. Select Options and the Properties. Select Recording and check all boxes below. Close that window and now make sure Mic level is max and not muted.
Hope that helps!
If your issue is
not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as
to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as
best I can. I am here at your service.
-You can rate this solution with one of
four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of
to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).
- The solution provides great advice on how to solve the problem.
- The solution provides useful leads that helps solve the problem.
for Trying" - The solution does not solve the problem but the
effort is appreciated.
- The solution has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
Thank you for using FIXYA!