- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Products 1 - 50 of 359 - Top Automotive Device Types ..... Sharp M I C R O WAV E O V E N OPERATION MANUAL. Pages: 0 ... Sharp Microwave Oven 209H ... SharpOperation Manual Microwave Oven R-308H, R-305H .... Sharp Microwave OvenMODEL R-2197 ... Sharp over the counter microwave oven operation manual ...
I couldn't find the wiring diagram of this exact model, but looking at a similar model diagram, it appears that the main fuse in the oven has blown or a safety interlock has failed. The clock runs all of the time of course, and so it is powered by a branch circuit. The main fuse and interlocks protect the rest of the oven (and you!). The fuse could have failed because of temporary overload or because a critical component failed, in which case you would need some profession help. If the oven is fairly new, it may pay to enlist a service tech, because some critical failures involve relatively inexpensive parts. You may find it budget-worthy to take it to a shop you trust that does this service, rather than pay for a house call. Good service techs can usually track this problem down in a few minutes. Microwave circuitry is comparatively simple (but dangerous if you don't know what you are doing).
Sometimes, bits of food get behind the microwave generator mica cover and cause this EXACT problem they short out the microwave energy and spark. . It is NOT broken but DONT let this happen for more than a few seconds. !!!! You will see the Mica (looks like plastic) cover from inside the oven and will be on one of the sides.It looks oblong normally, It is actually transparent to Microwaves and is how they get from the generator in to the oven. Give it a real good clean around the edges or better still take it out to clean. and it should be fine
The touchpad has its own fuse which has probably blown due to a surge perhaps related to the turning on of the fridge. Removing the cover from a microwave is potentially lethal due to the large capacitor to drive the magnetron. However, this is usually well away from the front panel. If you do venture in you should first unplug the unit and when the outer cover is removed, discharge the large capacitor with well insulated pliers -= otherwise keep well away from it. The fuse you are interested in is on the pc board behind the touchpad. Replace it with exactly the same fuse (usually a slow blow fuse).
The question is... Do you want to put money on a 18year MW, or put it towards a new one? I must admit I love the SHARP Combo MW Convection ovens. I own two. One is almost 25years old. The mechanical Timer Type, but they work great and I can maintain them with 30years ef exrerience. I am now retired.
It does sound like the Magnetronhas broken down, however it could be other things in the Secondary (High Voltage Side). The High Voltage Side is made up of the Secondary HV side of the High Voltage Transformer, A High Voltage Diode, a High Voltage Capacitor, and the Magnetron. The High Voltage Side is DANGEROUS, and CAUTION should be taken to protect yourself against EXTREME HIGH VOLTAGE. unplug from power and DISCHARGE High Voltage Capaciton to frame GROUND before touching anything!!!!