Laser writer select 360 to Mac OS X 10.4.11 via AsanteTalk
You should phone the Asante tech support people in San Jose, CA, who will talk you through the fix for free. I lost my printer-MacPro connection, the other day, and everything works fine now, thanks to their advice.
I'm running 10.5.x and no WiFi so the fix may not be the same, but it was just a matter of sort of re-booting the Asante box. Here was my fix, if that helps:
1. Delete that printer from your list of printers in System Preferences.
2. Make sure your computer, printer, and Asante box are all hooked up together and turned on.
3. Click + under the list of printers in System Preferences.
4. Click AppleTalk icon in top row of dialogue box that appears.
5. After a moment, click Bluetooth icon instead.
6. After a moment, unplug the power cord from your Asante box (but not from the electrical outlet).
7. After a moment, re-plug the power cord into your Asante box and, as
soon as possible after the "TX" light comes on, click the AppleTalk
8. Within a few moments, your printer's name should appear. Highlight
its name, then make sure all the information about it that appears is
correct, then click "Add."
9. Everything should communicate beautifully. I had no further problems.
Dec 21, 2008 |
AsanteTalk - Ethernet to LocalTalk Adapter...