My ipod nano is 2 years old and was used very little. It has been sitting unused for over a year and now it won't turn on or charge. I plugged it in over night directly to my ibook and it still won't turn on. I tried the move to hold(button on top) and press menu and center button for 6 seconds....still nothing.
My friend has the same problem, and same with my brothers ipod nano. My friend took it to the Apple Store, and they said it was do to overheating, caused by leaving it on the charger to long. They could not fix her ipod, but have you left it on the charger?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Recharageable should not be stored in a discharged state. If the recharageable battery is more than 3 - 4 years old then the battery could be worn out.Rechargeable batteries have a finite number of charge and discharge cycles andwill lose their charge capacity over time, i.e. won't charge to 100% andgradually the charge reduces until the battery won't charge up at all. OR Thebattery shows a 100% charge but when the adapter is disconnected the batterydrops off to zero capacity in a very short time. If the battery drops to anunacceptable charge level then the battery needs to be replaced.
If you left it sitting in the box "for a few years"...then that's why. The battery has to be used to stimulate the "memory" of the battery. If it was charged once and never used again, then of course it is going to have a battery issue.
It is possible that you damaged only the part that takes a charge, so you may have a much less portable iPod. If it had just happened and you let it sit in some dry white rice, that absorbs the moisture and will occasionally solve some problems. At this point though, I'd say that it's probably shot...