Question about Philips DVDR3450H DVD Recorder/HDD Recorder
I had the same problem . I had to take the outer casing off and was able to open. to keep this from happining again I always leave a disc in the disc drawer it seems to solve the problem
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
I had the same problem with a comparable device. It turned out that the drive belt that operates the ejection mechanism wears out or breaks.
To get at it you need to do the following:
1. remove device cover
2. remove the identification cover on the front of the DVD tray. This may be tricky if you can't open the tray. You need to find a way, because otherwise you can't remove the DVD unit, at least not on my unit.
3. remove the DVD unit by detaching the cables and removing four screws.
4. remove the two top screws on the DVD unit
5. remove the front top cover of the DVD unit by pushing the two tabs on the top of the unit, near the front.
6. Now remove the tray, by pulling it out as far as it goes and then pressing two tabs on either side of the tray. These tabs look like this:
7. Now you get at the drive belt. Originally it was black; I replaced it (temporarily) with a red one in the picture below:
8. Now put everything back together.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2013 | Sony BRAVIA DAV-HDX267W Theater System...
Mar 17, 2012 | Pioneer DVL-909 DVD Player
Mar 08, 2010 | BUSlink (RW4848FM) CD-RW Burner
Jun 20, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2009 | Teac CD-P1260 CD Player
Feb 13, 2009 | Compaq Evo N610C Notebook
Jan 11, 2009 | NAD C521 CD Player
Dec 21, 2008 | Compaq (224130-001) Internal 4x CD-ROM...
Jan 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 06, 2008 | Computers & Internet
777 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: