Question about Dell POWER SUPPLY Power Supply
I'm not ready to part with my trusty Dimension. It multitasks quite happily under Win2000. It has however developed an annoying quirk. When I switch it off (either full shutdown or hibernate) it will now switch itself back on after a delay ranging from 1 second to 30 minutes. My workaround is to unplug it from the wall as soon as it clicks off after a power-down. I suspect this is probably a power supply problem. Any thoughts?
Well try this to check some settings.
1. Reboot computer and hit F2 to go to the BIOS settings.(you may have to keep pressing F2 until you see that it is going into setup)
2. Once in the BIOS you will have to use the arrow keys to move around and there is a key at the bottom. Move to the Power section and hit enter.
3. Check and make sure that the settings for Power up on PCI/PCIE Devices is off.
4. Check and make sure that Auto Power On is Disabled.
5. AC Recovery is off.
6. If all the settings are done, hit ESC to exit the menu.
7. Arrow key over to Exit.
8. Hit enter and comfirm save settings.
If all the settings are correct, then you are quite possibly correct in it being the power supply.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
Aug 05, 2013 | Dell Dimension Computers & Internet
May 25, 2012 | Dell Dimension 9200 PC Desktop
Mar 06, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
Nov 05, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
Mar 27, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4400 PC Desktop
Mar 07, 2009 | Dell Motherboard Dimension 4100 Intel 815...
Aug 19, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
May 15, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
Jan 02, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4100 (-JM0TB01) PC Desktop
Nov 20, 2012 | Dell POWER SUPPLY Power Supply
Jun 21, 2011 | Dell POWER SUPPLY Power Supply
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: