An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: epson 2400 paper red light and ink red light
It sounds like your printer has reached what is often called the "service required" stage...
To solve this you need to handle two things.
1. Get the printer protection counter (or waste-ink as it's sometimes called) reset.
2. Replace the waste ink pads OR redirect your waste ink flow to an external tank
It's important to note that Epson will encourage you to do a waste pad replacement through one of their service centers, but if you're out of warranty this will cost a significant amount of money (approx: $100 - 200)
To solve these as a DIY you can do the following:
1. Resetting the counter... Get a resetter, either the SSC utility (google: epson SSC utility) or the IPR utility that Epson have now made available via their website here
The latter is only available to North American printer owners so the SSC is a safer bet.
2. Redirecting waste ink to an external container. This is something I'd heartily recommend instead of trying to change the waste pads yourself... It's simple enough to do and a little googling using keywords "Epson R2400 waste ink tank" should get you all the info you need.
There are simple kits available that offer everything you need or you can easily go for a DIY with bits you have to hand.
Trying fix you posted on www.fixya.com:epson 2400 paper red light and ink red light flashing power light off. I have installed external ink waste container. Am running Cone Color CIS. When I run either the Epson utility or SSC Service utility I get message: A supported model could not be found connected to this computer. Have powered down and up; powerd down, disconnect pronter from computer, reconnect and power up with no luck. What am I doing wrong
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I managed to find an excellent resource that should help you solve your problem.
Try the suggestions given here
i would start with "holding both paper and ink buttons then powering on untill the paper light flashes and then holding the ink button for 10 secs"
Let me know if this helped.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
I had the same problem with all lights flashing nothing working, happened after a panic power shut down. As with peter after the paper button was released, printer lit up like a christmas tree again. I played around with the button combinations and found that holding down the ink button instead of the flashing paper button cleared the problem. Great tip guys saved me a lot of money. cheers me dears clive.
if the printer power light is off and the paper and ink light are flashing there are a few things you can try.
1. remove all paper from the printer.
2. lift cover and check for paper jam
3. check to see that the ink cartridge cover is completley closed. (the covers do actually pop themselves open and jam)
if none of these fix your problem then your in the hands of epson tech support. they can be reached @ 562-276-7282
I have a epson stylus c65 printer. My printer is keep flashing the two red light. The out of paper and the out of ink. what do I have to do to stop the problem. The two red light is keep on flashing alternately
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”