Question about Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Est the high voltage capacitor,the rectifier diode.or the magnetron. If all this are fine, test the control board.
Thediode and capacitors can br tested. The capacitor must bealloweddischarge before testing, or you risk to get electrocuted, evenifpower is off. Capacitors can get discharged by shorting theirtwocontacts.
Before replacing the magnetron test also the control board.
Replace the magnetron if the checks and all of the high voltage component tests are good, but the unit still does not heat.
All locations, and description of this parts can be located using the diagram here: Counter top.
Parts must be tested to find out what is wrong.
Remember that microwaves are potentially dangerous devices if not repaired properly, the job must be done by a competent person.
A microwave energy leakage test must always be performed when the oven is serviced for any reason.
Regarding parts, contact the seller here to purchase parts.
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
It sounds like the magnetron may have
either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high
voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.
Dec 22, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Basic Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Dec 15, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
If there is spark please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. It is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear switch on , use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any buring smell shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is no heating the magnetron/capacitor/temperature cut off is faulty
Sep 24, 2010 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Mar 05, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Nov 21, 2006 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
Apr 04, 2014 | Hotpoint RVM1425 Microwave Oven
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: