a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It often happens that Windows boots slow. This can happen due to a number of reasons such as the presence of too many start up programs. However, the major cause of such boot delays is the registry corruption in Windows. Whatever the cause, the Windows slow boot is intolerable and there must be done something to fix it. Here you will find simple techniques which are tested in PCs around the world. Step-1: Repair and Clean Windows Registry
You might not be aware that there is something very important inside the Windows. And due to the corruption in this internal component of the operating system, we experience Windows slow boot. The element which is referred here is the Windows Registry which contains information about all computer programs including the boot sector programs and services. In order to have a quick Windows boot there must not be any corruption in the Windows registry entries. The best way to speed up a slow booting Windows is to use some authentic PC optimizer and registry cleaning tool. Step-2: Reduce Start Up Items
Whether you are using Windows 7, Vista or XP, you must have some programs in your computer that start with the Windows start up. Sometimes too many programs running in background result in Windows slow boot. You can disable these programs through a start up manager tool in the PC optimizer software. Although there is a way to disable such programs through the "msconfig" function in the Windows but it is not recommended for all types of users since they can mistakenly disable the important Windows services necessary to run the entire system. Step-3: Run An AntiVirus/AntiMalware Scan
Although not all boot problems are caused by the viruses or malwares but it is wise to run scans through these security softwares. However, it must be kept in mind that the registry repairing scan must be run prior to such scans for the best results to fix Windows slow boot.
The above guidelines will surely help you to make Windows boot faster. If you are looking for a complete PC Optimizer and Registry Cleaner software for a quick fix of your problem then it is highly recommended you run the Intel Software Partner, RegInOut scan here to fix > Windows Slow Boot.
Registry is accessed by almostall the installed programs and your operating system itself. Why is computerslow and freezing has to do with the fragmented registry data. You have todownload a PC Optimizer software that includes Registry Defragmenter tool suchas Reginout to perform system maintenance tasks.
Too Many Programs areInstalled
Installing too many programs makeyour computer slow and freezing. You have to uninstall the unwanted programs.
1. Click Start ' Control Panel. 2. Click Programs ' Uninstall a Program. 3. Select a program to remove. 4. Click Uninstall button. 5. Follow the wizard. 6. Reboot the computer after completion.
Sometimes computer runs slow andstarts freezing due to an insufficient RAM. You have to install additional RAMsif required.
Lack of Proper Configurations
You will feel that your computeris slow and freezing if you haven't set Windows for best performance.
1. Right click My Computer. 2. Select Properties. 3. Click Advanced System Settings. 4. Click Advanced tab. 5. Click Settings button under Performance frame. 6. Select the option Adjust for best performance. 7. Click Apply ' OK ' OK.
Junk Registry Keys
Storing junk entries in theregistry makes your computer slow and freezing. You have to delete such junkentries using a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software.
Try testing the system (if a Dell or HP, there will be diagnostics available in the BIOS or during boot up). If everything passes the diagnostics, then you can either provide more details on when its slow, how its slow, when it started being slow, what may have happened prior to it being slow (dropped, updates, new software, antivirus, etc.), OR back up all your software and files and use the PC Restore to reinstall/restore to factory condition.
Hi, you will need to reformat your hard drive before installing XP, First boot into BIOS by pressing the F1 key during bootup, change the primary boot drvice to CD rom, save changes. Insert XP cd into drive and reboot PC; select boot from CD when this appears during the initial boot fase. Allow files to be installed. When this finishes, delete partion and then repartion hard drive. Select format hard drive, when this completes your PC will reboot, do not select boot from CD and XP will start to install normally. Hope this helps, if not come back to me.
hiee.. if your pc runs slow and hangs during your work this might happen because of load on your pc and some unnecessary programs working in background so i recommend you to remove unnecessary programs. one more thing keep some space in the same partition in which your Xp is installed don't make it full. you can also remove some program from startup. you can also boostup speed by using some utility software.
Is this during an install or just the start up of your pc? If it is the starting of your pc you might try running your virus/ adware software on your pc.
clear out your C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory (this is a storage area where files are stored before they are installed). Delete everything in this file, and your problem may be solved completely.
If this does not work, you may also need to clear out your Internet cache (temporary Internet files):
(Internet Explorer) 1. Open Internet Explorer. 2. Click on Tools -> Internet Options. 3a. In IE6 - Click on the 'Delete Files...' button on the Genral Tab 3b. In IE7 - Click on the 'Delete' button under the Browsing History section of the General Tab.
(Mozilla Firefox) 1. Open Firefox. 2. Click on Tools -> Options 3. Click on the Advanced tab -> Network Tab. 4. Click on the 'Clear Now' button under the Cache section.
- Empty your recycle bin
- Run Scandisk 1. Click Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools 2. Select Scandisk 3. Select your hard drive. If you have more than one, you should scan each drive individually. 4. Click Standard 5. Check Automatically fix errors. 6. Click Start
- Run Defrag 1. Click Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools 2. Select Disk Defragmenter 3. Select the hard drive you wish to defrag and click ok.
I hope this answers your question. Thank you for visiting FixYa for your solutions.
PS - Please be sure to leave positive feedback :0)
1. Kill unnecessary programs, you can do it from task manager.
2. some program starts at startup of PC, they make PC slow, go to start>run, type msconfig and say ok, go to startup tab and the disable the programs which you do not want to start up during PC start up.
3. downloan CCCleaner and run it.
4. Keep C drive clean as possible, move as much items to other drive, less space on c drive can slow down you PC.
5. Many files placed on desktop can make it slow.
6. If you have low memory on your PC then you have to increase it.
7. Virus or Spyware can make pc slow do thorough scanning of your PC.
8. I suggest you to uninstall any programs which are not necessary.
all the best.