Remove security code with out restoriing phone to factory settings
I refused to do that hard reset trash and erase all of my information.
This method is also just in case you don't have anyone to call you or
you're too impatient to wait:
This is inspired by the many posts that tell you to frequently press home while someone's calling.
1. I hit the emergency call button then repeatedly hit home (pic of the
house) while opening and closing the phone and went to the home page.
It worked repeatedly.
2. Then I went in and took off the pattern request in settings.
3. In settings, make sure Google sync is checked.
4. I changed my password on the computer in Google (with same account).
5. Wait some time 5-10 minutes or less (make sure you have internet service where you're located on your phone).
6. Then it will tell you to enter your password. Enter your new password.
7. Close your phone or hit the red power key.
8. The same locked screen will prompt you for your username and password again. Enter the new password and it will log you in.
9. It will tell you to put in your old pattern or put in a new pattern (I forgot? sorry).
10. Then, you can go into settings and security once you unlock and
remove the pattern. You have to enter the old pattern to remove the
Try this too:
******This will work and you wont lose any data!!******
Get someone to call you.
After answering, flip the screen open and shut repeatedly,
tapping the "home" button every few flips. Eventually you'll drop
through to your home screen. This may take a few tries.
Go into your security settings and disable the unlock pattern. You can now bypass the lockout just by opening the keyboard.
Change the password on your account, which may be your Google Apps account if you have one.
In a few moments, your phone will fail to sync with email and prompt you for a password. Enter the new password.
You can now log in with the new password. Lock your screen,
press menu to try unlocking it, and enter your new information. This
should unlock your phone.
Apr 14, 2011 |