Question about Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1: Windows
Sending Faxes and Configuring OpenOffice.org for Faxing
To send a fax directly from OpenOffice.org, you need a fax modem and a fax driver that allows applications to communicate with the fax modem.
Sending a Fax Through the Print Dialog
1. Open the Print dialog by choosing File - Print and select the fax driver in the Name list box.
2. Clicking OK opens the dialog for your fax driver, where you can select the fax recipient.
Configuring OpenOffice.org a Fax Icon
You can configure OpenOffice.org so that a single click on an icon automatically sends the current document as a fax:
1. Choose Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org Writer - Print.
2. Select the fax driver from the Fax list box and click OK.
3. Click the arrow icon at the end of the Standard bar. In the drop-down menu, choose Customize.
The Toolbars tab page of the Customize dialog appears.
4. Click Add Commands.
5. Select the “Documents” category, then select the “Send Default Fax” command.
6. Click Add and then Close.
7. On the Toolbars tab page, click the down arrow button to position the new icon where you want it. Click OK.
Your Standard bar now has a new icon to send the current document as a fax.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2011 | Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate for PC
Jul 22, 2011 | Microsoft Operating Systems
Jun 23, 2011 | Microsoft Operating Systems
Apr 12, 2011 | Microsoft Operating Systems
Feb 28, 2011 | Operating Systems
Jan 12, 2011 | Operating Systems
Nov 19, 2010 | Operating Systems
Oct 19, 2010 | Operating Systems
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!