An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Does not load
Do you hear the Paper clutches activate in other words do you hear the printer trying to pick up the paper, if so then your clucthes are working but, your paper feed tire could be worn, have a tech replace this. If you don't hear this then it's could be the selonoid not activate which means the soleniod or the board.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It could be that the paper supply sensor isn't properly activated, or a new sheet isn't being picked up. Try removing all sheets of paper and inspecting with a flashlight.
I once assisted a frustrated elderly friend with a similar situation, and discovered that a white kleenex tissue had found its way into the paper loading mechanism! Her initial inspection had not detected it because it was camouflaged!
On another occasion, the rubber feed rollers didn't have enough friction to pick up a sheet of paper until they were cleaned with rubbing alcohol.
The first thing I would try is to clean the paper feed rollers:
1) Remove the paper and power on the printer 2) Press and hold the <Resume/Cancel>button until the power lamp flashes three (3) times, then release 3) Cleaning will start automatically 4) Wait approx. 30 seconds for cleaning to complete 5) When the power lamp lights, repeat #2 above
I suggest repeating #2 at least 5 times. Then you are ready to see if a single sheet of plain paper will feed.
1) Load a single 8.5 x 11 plain sheet of paper 2) Press and hold <Resume/Cancel> button until power lamp flashes three (3) times, then release 3) The paper should be picked up and fed through the printer.
You may wish to repeat this process as well (#1 and #2 above) to insure the paper is being picked up to your satisfaction.
Try cleaning the rollers with purified water. See instructions here. Also make sure you fan the paper before loading, try flipping it upside down, and see here. If you have no luck, try another brand of paper, or loading more or fewer sheets...
Good luck, that's a frustrating problem...
To resolve this issue pick one blank sheet and insert it in the tray and try to print self test page. If the printer prints self test page then load the paper properly and try to print. If self test page won't print then check the paper settings.
Clean the rollers down where the paper sets in the printer. Do not use cheap generic matte coated paper. Some generic matte coated paper will leave a film on your rollers and cause them to not grip the paper.