Question about Washing Machines
Problem: The washer won't agitate.
Solution: Check to make sure no clothing got wrapped around the agitator. Check the lid switch, timer, and drive belt as detailed above. There are other potential causes, such as a bad transmission or bad agitate/spin solenoid, but they are much more involved.
The clothes may be wrapped around the agitator. This could cause the motor to overhead. Remove a few clothes so that they will circulate freely in the wash water and close the lid. The machine may take a few minutes to restart as the motor has to cool down.
the agitator needs replacement How to Replace an Agitator:
Replacing an agitator is fairly simple.
1. Remove the agitator cap. In some cases, you will also need to remove the fabric softener dispenser, which normally lifts or screws off. In some newer models, the agitator just lifts up and out.
2. Pull up on the agitator. In some models, you may need to remove a retaining bolt.
3. Replace the old agitator with a new agitator of the same model.
Other agitator problems include:
1. Agitator doesn't move
2. Agitator only moves in one direction. In this case, the likely cause is the clutch assembly.
3. Agitator movement is very weak
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
Try this solution of 1 user
This was exactly the solution to my problem! And it was so easy to follow. So just in case the link dies for some reason, here is the fantastic information that saved me $200 along with my own notes inserted in italics.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2014 | GE GTWN3000MWS Washer
Feb 08, 2014 | Washing Machines
Feb 19, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jan 04, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
May 15, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 13, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 22, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 19, 2006 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!