When i try to turn my g1 phone on i get this blue light. I take the battery out and i put it back into my phone. When i hit the power button I still get the blue light. I even try lettin it charge. When Its Charging It charges fine. but when i hit the power button. I get the blue light. What does this problem mean?
Ok i had this isssue and figure out what to do. this is all afterm you know that you have a good charger and or battery.
1. completely turn of phone unplug charger.
2. take and put battery back in phone and plug charger.
3. hold hit camera button and power buton. phone will come on if the update was washed it will come straight on. if not you will see the blue LED dont worry yet. just keep holding for 15 sec.
4. while phone blue LED is still on hit and hold (drum Role) menu and track ball for 15 sec.
5. now unplug charger and take out battery. wait 10 sec
6. now put battery back in and leave charger off. and turn on. unless you was in middle of update and hardware failed this WILL bring your G1 back up and running.
hope this helps everyone . MIll$tronics signing out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Heres what to do. Take the battery out and put it back in. You will want to hold both the home button as well as the power button when you power the phone back on. Keep holding these buttons until a screen pops up with a triangle on it and a phone below. Wait 5-10 seconds, and then press the home and power buttons together again. This will bring up the restore options to factory restore the phone. If this does not work, you will need to contact T-Mobile regarding the phone issues.
The screen sounds like it has been damaged. Are you sure you have totally died it out? First remove the battery, Then put it in a bowl of dry rice. The rice absorbes the
moisture. Leave it in there for upto 24hours if its still not working try using a vacuum cleaner to **** up any remaining moisture.
I solved this problem by booting into SAFE MODE on the G1:
Press Menu Button and Switch on the G1 Phone using Power button. (Do not release menu Key).
That Got it to turn on. but upon power down it did the same thing with blue light. So I always start in SAFE MODE. I will start uninstalling programs until i find out which one is causing problem.
Well try to get your hands on either a second G1 phone or a multimeter to rule out a battery issue. If you take a charged battery from another G1 and it still doesn't turn on you will have a logic board issue. With a multimeter you can measure the battery directly, if the phones doesn't turn on if the voltage is over 3.7V, you'll have a logic board issue as well. Within one year T-Mobile should give you a replacement. If you can't get a replacement under warranty there is both an T-Mobile G1 Repair Guide and a third party T-Mobile G1 Repair Service, If you try a self-repair make sure you feel comfortable with opening devices that are not meant to be user serviceable.
well plug the charger into the phone with the battery still intact.....then remove the battery while the phone is still plugged in. then unplug the charger and plug it back in........place battery back into phone and then power it up. That worked for me.