Question about Kenmore 22313 Bagged Canister Vacuum
Power bar starts then switches off
The problem almost certainly is that the axle of the brush in your power bar has dirt/fluff in it that is preventing the belt from turning it so that the fuse in the power bar clicks off after 2 or 3 seconds. It is fairly easy to fix. All you will need is a Phillips screwdriver and about 15 minutes. Follow the following steps
1. With the power bar disconnected from the vacuum, turn it upside down and you will see two inset screws at the rear side of the base of the power bar. Unscrew these two screws using your Phillips screwdriver.
2. With the power bar in the same position unlatch the two plastic tabs at the rear of the power par. [It may be useful to flip up the metal bar that you see on the base to use as a handle] On each side of the base you will see an arrow saying insert screwdriver here to release. Insert a screwdriver and lever the plastic of the base slightly apart from the plastic of the side. When you have done this for both sides the base should lift off.
3. Now lift the brush including the two end pieces straight up. It should just slide up. You will need to unhook the drive belt from the brush as you lift it out.
4.Pull of each end piece and clean the dust, lint, hair off the end piece and from inside the end of the brush.
5.Once clean, reinstall the end pieces on the brush. Hook the belt back over the brush to its original position and slide the brush back into the power bar.
6. Reinstall the base by hooking the tabs from the front of the base into the small openings on the power bar.then push the base down until it clicks back into place and the tabs are back in their original position. Reinstall the two screws you removed earlier.
7. The power bar should now work. Good luck.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2017 | Vacuums
Sep 24, 2016 | Kenmore Vacuums
Apr 08, 2015 | Dyson DC25 Animal Upright Ball Bagless...
Feb 18, 2015 | Kenmore Vacuums
May 02, 2014 | Kenmore Vacuums
Oct 17, 2010 | Kenmore 34612 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Apr 03, 2010 | Kenmore Vacuums
Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 22812 Bagged Canister Vacuum
2,112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: