I am unable to seperate the upper cover and lower cover of my acer aspire 5050 model laptop inspite of removing all the 18 screws shown in the service manual. Something is holding it together. Any help would be greatly appreciated
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Opening acer aspire 5050
The top and bottom covers are also held together with plactic catches.
After you remove the battery, CD/DVD drive and hard drive etc.
start near an openning and gently pull apart the top and bottom cases, you should hear a click as a catch releases, then continue to work around the edge fron this point.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you cud remove the fan, and replace it or u cud try dusting it first without opening it up...and if that doesnt work dust it after opening it up and try fixing it...use replacement as the last option... and most fans make noises! trust me...
dear lcd desplay are same in every model just you need the same size of both. means if you have 15' then you fit only 15'.and if you buy your model lcd there is no any problem because right now problem with cericuit of lcd
you should be able to right click on an empty space on your desktop and choose graphics properties and then the output option should be able to be set and the resolution changed if needed, set your tv for AV3 or s video and connect a seperate audio cable as s video is video only
You need to disable your laptop.
follow this step:
1. on the back of laptop, there are 2 doors. open it all. 1 of them is harddrive.
2. remove harddrive.
Remove wireless cable.
1. open 2nd door on the back, you can see rams and wireless card. unplug wireless cable from wireless card.
1. Remove 2 screws on the hinge cover, so you can remove the power cover (power cover is cover that have power button).
2. after you removed power cover, removed keyboard.
3. remove 4 screws that hold lcd from chasiss. you can remove lcd now.
4. remove 3 screws under keyboard.
5. remove all screw on the back of your laptop.
6. remove upperchassis.
7. remove 2 screw that hold motherboard from lowerchasis.
8. take motherboard out from lowerchasiss.
9. now you can see the thermal fan.