Good morning, afternoon, evening or night; whatever time of day you are viewing this solution post. Thank you for choosing FixYa to solve you problem. You want to know how to reset the 4 digit code for the Apple Nano A1137 4GB MP3 Player and the device won't operate unless you have this code. I am about to list the steps to reseting this code so you can resume use of your product (If the device will let you do this).
If you can remember the combination.
- On your main menu, choose Extras.
- Choose Screen Lock.
- Choose Reset.
- If you know your combination, program this into the combination screen.
- A screen will come up for you to enter a new combination, program your new combination into the new combination screen.
If you can't remember the combination.
Try connecting the iPod to its designated computer. Doing this will unlock it automatically. If it still will not unlock, you will have to restore everything via a system restore from iTunes. To do system restore (if neccessary):
- Go to http://www.apple.com/ipod/start to make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your iPod to your PC using the USB to Dock connector cable.
- If you haven't gone into iTunes, do so now. When you get there, find the source list and click iPod Nano. Then click the "Summary" tab. The Version section will tell you if your device needs to be updated with a newer version of iTunes or not.
- If iTunes software needs to be updated, click Update. If not, bypass this step.
- Click Restore. Be advised that when you click this, you will lose all of your data and the device will be resetted to factory settings.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your system restore process.
In the future, if you want to reset or change your screen lock passcode, follow the "If you can remember the combination" steps located above the "If you can't remember the combination" steps. You can also switch the "Hold" switch to make your buttons unusable. An orange bar or light should appear when this is activated. To unlock the "Hold" switch, just switch in the opposite direction of where you switched it before.