Question about Electronics - Others
SOURCE: Remove Write Protection
= =", im sick of this,
many website teach me that method,
but it doesn't helps = =".
1) i right click the "control"and cr8 new key name "StorageDevicePolicies"
2) after that, i cr8 a "DWORD" there name "WriteProtect"
3) i wonder it should change to "1" or "0"
*but i hav tried "1" and "0" but also the disk is still
4) im mad because i did this many time and it didn't help....
pls teach me.....
if posible u could email to me please,
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
TRY SOME OF THESE STEPS BEFORE YOU THROW IT
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
Transcend provides a online recovery tool.just download that and format your pendrive with it.....that will solve your problem 100%.....
Posted on Dec 31, 2009
1. Download this tool:
(Before removing USB flash drive click on the Safely Remove
Hardware icon and then click on USB flash drive you want to remove)
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2010 | Sony 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Card
Feb 06, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Jan 25, 2010 | Sony 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Card
Jan 21, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Dec 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 25, 2009 | Electronics - Others
Mar 25, 2009 | Transcend (589307) Media
613 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: