I have a Panasonic KX-T3170. When the handset is in the cradle and I'm using the speakerphone, I can hear the varying tones as I press each number. But when I pick up the handset to dial, all I hear is a single click for each number that is enter, no tones. The phone is set to tone dial, not pulse dial.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here are two methods to turn off background music, one of these should work depending on which Panasonic phone system your phone is connected to.
1) With phone idle, press the 1 key on the dial pad (turns off background music when it is on and turns on background music when it is off).
2) With phone idle, press intercom button then dial *751 on the dial pad followed by 0 on the dial pad to turn off background music(confirmation tone will be heard) and end by lifting handset and replacing in cradle. To turn background music on, press intercom button then dial *751 on the dial pad followed by 1 or 2 on the dial pad to select the background music source(confirmation tone will be heard) and end by lifting handset and replacing in cradle.
You need to cancel absent message on your phone. The method depends on which Panasonic phone system your phone is connected to. Following are the methods for three different Panasonic phone systems. Once you cancel absent message, your screen should return to date and time, if not then press * until it does.
KX-TA624 Phone System
Press intercom button, dial 750#, lift handset then return handset to cradle to end.
KX-TA1232 Phone System
Press intercom button, dial 7500, lift hanset then return hansdset to cradle to end.
KX-TDA100 or KX-TDA200 Phone Systems
Press intercom button, dial *7500, lift handset then return handset to cradle to end.
If you are using this phone on a Panasonic KX-TDA 30/100/200/600 system. With the handset on the cradle/hook press Program 61 and ENTER. Press SEL or AUTO ANS / MUTE to change the setting to On. Press AUTO DIAL / STORE to save your changes. Lift the handset and put it down to exit program mode. PLEASE rate/vote this answer if it was helpfull. THANK YOU
From each phone, press PROGRAM 99 and the INTERCOM or CO buttons TWICE, then dial 1-8 and STORE. (default is 2). You can now make each line and intercom different, or each phone (up to 8) different. After you finish with each phone, just pick up and drop the handset back into the cradle to end programming.
Hi - I stumbled upon this fix after my KX-TGA8231B DECT6.0 phones lost dial tone: I simply removed the rechargeable AAA batteries from the backs of each handset and put them back in after a few moments. This restored dial tone and the ability to hear a call when the phone is answered. Good luck. ---Gerry
Try Ths on the handset
Be sure the TALK indicator is off.Press LOUD/RINGER button on the handset, the curreent ringerwill sound. To change the Volume press the LOUD/RINGERagain within 5 secs , and the new ringer will sound, you must press LOUD/RINGER within 5 secs or the volume will not change.