I have 3 laptops that i have the drivers and everything else installed on. However only 2 of the laptops will print. The third one sends an error message saying that there is another device connected to it. Any ideas?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please go to your printer preferences and select page setup choose default setting and customize other page setup then click apply and restart your PC. If not done then follow the instruction.
1. uninstall your present printer driver.
2. Restart your pc.
3. Install your printer driver again.
4. Restart your pc.
Please try uninstalling the software and drivers from PC/ Laptop, then insert cd to install the software.
When autorun opens up, do the following:
1) Exit the setup
2) open up the cd in my computer
3) on setup.exe right click and select properties.
4) look for the compatibility tab. then click on it.
5) set it so it run as windows 7 and click on "run as administrator"
6) click ok on everything. and run setup.exe
If that doesn't work. please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any printer that isconnected to a computer and is connected on a LAN can be configured so allother computers on the same network can print to this printer. This means thecomputer with the printer attached to it MUST be booted up at all times whenother computers want to access the printer.
You need to install theprinter driver on the computer and configure it as a Shared printer.
The other computers on thenetwork need to add this printer to their computer.
Follow these steps toset-up a shared network printer :-
1. Connect the printer tothe computer and install the printer driver.
2. Open Printers and Faxes- right click on this printer and click Sharing - click Sharing tab and click
Share this printer, and then if you wish you could change theShare name, then click OK
3. Right click on theprinter - click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printerinstallation.
Follow these steps toconfigure the computers on your network :-
1. Open Printers and Faxes- click Add a printer - Next - select a network printer, or a printer attached to another computer - Next.
2. Select Browser for aprinter - Next
3. Click on and expand theMicrosoft Windows Network down to the computer with the printer - Next
4. Select Yes for - Usethis printer as the default printer - Next - Finish
5. Right click on theprinter - click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printerinstallation.
If you mean now to install it on your laptop with the cd that came with the printer, follow the steps below:
Steps to install a Printer using the CD that came with the Printer:
1. Connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer. (don't turn on the printer)
2. Insert the CD on the CD/DVD Drive.
3. Autoplay screen will come up on the screen, click "Install" and proceed forward.
4. Power on the Printer when you are asked to "Connect the printer".
5. After everything is installed, you will be asked to restart the computer, do so.
6. You are ready to start printing, you'll see the printer's icon with it's name on the "Printers and Faxes" folder
To open the "Printers and Faxes" in Microsoft Windows, "Start" > "Printers and Faxes". From there, you can change the print
settings by right clicking the printer's icon and select the "Printing Preference".
follow this steps
click the my computer icon 2)click
properties and then click hardware n go to device manager. 3)uninstall
all usb ports and then scan for hardware changes 4)ur
pc will detect your printer and ask for printer drivers 5)re
load drivers and your pc will communicate with your printer 6)for
reloding install the cd follow the instructions on the screen and click next 7)restart when the printer is loded.connect the wires
and cords properly
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install: (1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs (2) Shutdown the computer (3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port (4) Restart the computer (5) Run the Driver Installation software (6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer (7) When the software asks for the printer connect it and continue
Most USB printers need to have the printer driver installed before you connect the printer to the computer, did you install the printer this way?
Also, check and see if it is the default printer.
If those do not work:
1) Turn off the Terminate and Stay Resident programs MSCONFIG in VISTA. 2) Disable HP device discovery service. 3) Uninstall the All-In-One software. 4) Turn off firewall and antivirus. 5) Reinstall the latest software for the All-In-One. Hope this helps.
using windows xp on all the computers, when you connect to the printer windows should automatically install drivers.
1. Goto My Computer, Click My Network Places (Explorer Bar). 2. Click View Workgroup Computers (Explorer Bar) 3. Find the computer that has the printer physically connected to it, open it 4. Find the printer and right click it! 5 Select Connect... and wait for the drivers to install.
this should install the print drivers and install the printer on your computer. the printer should now be available in print dialogs i.e. word etc etc and from the Control Panel > Printers window.