I hava a WRT54G v2.2 with OpenWRT Kamikaze firmware.
While I am setting the Internet, accidently I changed the Local IP(192.168.1.1) and then click the save button.
As a result My router was down. At that time I could access via telnet. So I did. Using telnet I typed command 'reboot -f' and it was down again.
Now I hava nothing to access my router..
In addition reset button is not working.
Is there any solution??
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try resetting it to factory defaults, and verify it is operating through the wired Web interface. Check it using some other wifi-capable device (other PC, PDA, iPod...).
For basic configuration, you can find the manuals on the linksys web site.
One thing: the WRT54G is quite desirable for hackers because it can be easily modified. BUT, if this was done wrong, you might end up with a "bricked" WRT54G. And maybe decide to peddle it on eBay?. Should this be the case, you can try reflashing it with an original firmware. It usually works. Here the documentation and links:
With the wired connection is it working fine ? If yes and if you have only problem with the wireless connection then try to upgrade the firmware of the router. Firmware is the software of the router. Download the latest firmware of the router. Go to the manufacturer's web site and download the firmware of the router. Open the set up page of the router and upgrade the firmware of the router. Once you upgrade the firmware of the router, reset the router. On the router you will find a small reset button, hold it down for 30 seconds. release it. wait for 1 minute. Now unplug the power to the router and plug it back in. Now you will need to reconfigure the router according to the Internet service provider.
Requirements for WAP54G & WRT54G Repeater Mode function:
* WRT54G: Firmware 2.02.2 or higher
* WAP54G: Firmware 2.06 or higher
Go to http://www.linksys.com/download to download the latest firmware upgrades for both devices.
Accessing the Router?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the Router into the Address Bar (192.168.1.1 is the default IP Address).
2. Click GO or press the [Enter] key.
The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
1. Leave the User Name field blank.
2. Type admin in for the Password (the default Password).
3. Click OK or press the Enter key.
The Router?s Setup page will open:
* Click on the Status Tab.
* Click on the Wireless sub tab.
Write down the Wireless MAC Address and the Channel number values located on this page. If the Encryption Function is Disabled, go to the WAP54G Repeater Setup section below.
If Encryption Function is Enabled:
Note: WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) is not yet compatible with wireless repeater mode. You must use WEP Encryption if you wish to use security options with this configuration.
To gather WEP encryption information, click on the upper Wireless tab, then the Wireless Security sub tab. Write down the Passphrase.
WAP54G Repeater Setup
Be sure that you have the WAP54G plugged directly into one of the WRT54G?s numbered ports for the duration of the setup.
Accessing the WAP54G?s Setup Page:
Open a Web Browser (either Internet Explorer or Netscape).
1. Type the IP Address of the WAP54G into the Address Bar (192.168.1.245 is the default IP address).
2. Click GO or press the Enter key.
3. The User Name and Password prompt will appear.
4. Leave the User Name blank.
5. Type in admin for the Password (the default password).
6. Click OK or press the [Enter] key.
The WAP54G?s Setup page will open.
1. Set the Channel value to the same channel as the WRT54G router that was obtained from earlier steps.
2. If WEP encryption was enabled on the WRT54G:
* Select Enable for the Wireless Security option.
* Click on the Edit Security Settings button and enter the same Passphrase as the one of the WRT54G router that you recorded. Click Generate to populate the WEP key fields.
* Click Save Settings to save your changes and close the encryption window.
Click Save Settings to save your changes on the Setup page.
3. Next, click on the AP Mode tab.
* Select the Wireless Repeater option.
* Enter the WIRELESS Mac Address from the WRT54G that you recorded. (Disregard the fact that the page asks to ?Enter the LAN MAC ADDRESS?).
Click Save Settings to save your changes. Close your web browser.
You can now place the WAP54G Access Point in another nearby location (with its power adapter plugged in) so that it can repeat the wireless signal that it receives from the WRT54G.
* The ?SSID? of the WAP54G does not have to be the same as the WRT54G. This can be used for initial configuration; using a different SSID will enable testing of network connectivity, and will show that the WRT54G is associated with the WAP54G.
* If MAC Filtering is configured on the WRT54G, no extra configuration is needed. Wireless clients will still need to be added the MAC Filter list of the WRT54G, but the WAP54G does not have to on the list.