Question about Kenmore Dryers
My dryer has done this to me twice now. I put a load of clothes in push the buttons and nothing happens. Lights up but won't come on. Says ''check Lint screen''. Done that and doesn't help. Came back to it later on in the day and it started right up. What to do if it happens again.
SOURCE: Dryer won't start
Manual might be available on line type in your make and full model. Could well be the bulb that blew. Sounds like the door switch thou i see by other postings some times the filters can cause a similer problem
GUEST. 1. start switch is faulty...oops is it eletronic?it so disregard that. 2 drum is to tight 3 motor or switch on motor faulty
smitty123. Will drum turn by hand??? Can you hear the motor hum when you close the door???
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
I take the timed approach with appliance problems. If they occur 10 years after purchase, I buy a new one. If five years, I call a repair service and measure the cost of repair against the purchase of a replacement. If one year or less after purchase, I pile the expensive, offending, useless lump of an example of the decline of American workmanship into the back of my pickup and push it out on the doorstep of the store where I purchased it.
I find this method to be the most cost-effective and least troubling. And costs me about the same as calling the repair service.
In fact, right now I'm loading up my Kenmore Elite Oasis 6705, purchased March 13, 2007, (note that the problem began one month AFTER the warranty ran out) in the back of my pickup and I will make at quick stop at Sears to push it off the back of my truck (I find if I don't stop, but keep the truck rolling it makes for a much louder and attention grabbing drop off) then find the nearest hardware store so I can purchase some strong nylon line to string across my backyard so I can dry my clothes. I also purchase a bit of extra line so that I have enough to string up any Sears or Kenmore representatives who might stop by to inquire about the appliance they found on their doorstep.
Posted on Apr 12, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore elite oasis gas dryer
If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain properly or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here's the information you need to check the drain pump:
Symptom: PUMP IS RUNNING, BUT NOT DRAINING PROPERLY.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the three 7mm screws under the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located directly under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. There is an access removal cover on the pump that can be removed to clean out the trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here's a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don't own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and open the access on the pump slowly so that it comes out at a trickle. Allow the towels to soak up the majority of the water. Close the access and stop the water if you need to get additional towels.
6. Open the pump access and remove once you have all the water drained. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there's nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the access cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT - DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select the following on the operator console - DRAIN SPIN, NO SPIN, and then press any button under OPTIONS 4 times (it must be the same button). "C00" will show on the console display as the washer begins diagnostics mode.
10. Check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping. Allow washer to run through diagnostics until it begins the wash tub tumble cycle.
11. At this point, you can stop the diagnostics procedure by pressing PAUSE/CANCEL 2 times. The drain pump energizes and the washer will begin to drain.
12. If the drain pump works normal and there are no leaks detected, reinstall the bottom panel and tighten screws.
NOTE: It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 30, 2010
SOURCE: The air drying the clothes
If you are having problems with your gas dryer not heatingthe most common problem is that the ignitor goes bad. Even though it glowssometimes it is still not working properly.
if you dryer is gas check out this gas no heat tip....
If you have an electric dryer, you can have many differentthings that can go wrong causing the dryer not to heat.
check out this electric no heat tip...
Posted on Nov 04, 2010
If your dryer is not drying like it once did or if you just have not taken the time to give yourself a clean dryer in a long time then you need to do that. At least once a year the dryer cleaning should take place. Lint build up in the dryer duct is one of the main causes for your dryer to fail.
Here is the rest of this tip about Dryer Maintenance
Posted on Feb 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Fisher and Paykel Dryers
Sep 26, 2013 | Maytag Dryers
Mar 18, 2013 | Kenmore Dryers
Feb 08, 2013 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Jan 15, 2013 | Kenmore 73952 Gas Dryer
Nov 09, 2012 | Sears Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer Front Load...
Aug 03, 2011 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Jun 24, 2011 | Dryers
Jan 01, 2011 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: