Question about Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Thought I smelled a transformer type smell but wasn,t sure. About an hour into using it,it just went dead.I pushed the start button,the light in front flashes red a few times and thats it. I have a bad connect with power cord into the computer. Outside chance the battery is dead and can't make a connection with power cord but I don't think so. My last hope is here.
It sounds like you have a fault with the power port on the mainboard or
power board (quite a few gateways have a separate power board) , the
battery won't charge if this damaged or loose which would explain the
dead battery. The smell is probably caused by sparking on the loose
power port. I wouldn't try to power it on anymore as you may damage it
further. it is possible that the area around the power port is burntout
therefore rendering the powerboard or mainboard useless but they are
replaceable at a cost. If the laptop is still under warranty then you
will need to take it back to where you brought it.
You will need to take it to an engineer to have it assessed unless you are able to make the repair yourself. Good luck hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2011 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Dec 15, 2010 | HP Pavilion Dv9910us Notebook PC
Nov 09, 2010 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Aug 13, 2009 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
May 21, 2009 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Mar 16, 2009 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Mar 04, 2009 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
Dec 17, 2008 | PC Laptops
Dec 30, 2009 | Gateway MX6453 Notebook
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: