Question about Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition for PC
We have a clocking in system here at my work place. But some people are adjusting the times to get out earlier and is causing us major issues. I have tried to search everywhere for the answer but not having much luck. Im not sure weather this is possible in Winows 98, where as in Xp u can disable the changing of time and date. Any ideas???
Thanks in advance
This is the best i can remember about Win98
In Win98, rename the timedate.cpl to _timedate.cpl from your system folder and open command.com in a hex editor and go to the location that is on or around 0x010b36. there you will see a table of DOS commands.
simply rename "time" (and/or "date") to something else (as long as it's exactly 4 characters long!). then bring up a new DOS window and you will see that it only accepts your new command for changing the time and date.
This method, in combination with (renaming timedate.cpl), and
making sure that your BIOS settings are password protected, should prevent virtually anyone who is a non-guru from changing the system time.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa!!
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2017 | Computers & Internet
May 24, 2015 | Sony SY-ICF-C414 Clock Radio
To set date and time on your nokia phone
Select Menu > Settings and Phone > Date and
Select from the following:
Time - Enter the current time.
Time zone - Select your location.
Date - Enter the date.
Date format - Select the date format.
Date separator - Select the symbol that separates days, months, and years.
Time format - Select the time format.
Time separator - Select the symbol that separates hours and minutes.
Clock type - Select the clock type.
Clock alarm tone - Select the tone for the alarm clock.
Alarm snooze time - Adjust the snooze time.
Workdays - Select your working days. You can then set an alarm only for working day mornings, for example.
Automatic time update - To update the time,date, and time zone, select On. This network service may not be available on all networks.
Jun 30, 2011 | Lands Phones
Auto-Set Time and Date Settings
This model is equipped with the Auto-Set feature, meaning that the time and date have been programmed at the factory
and will already be set when you first plug the model in. Auto-Set will automatically adjust the time and date settings for
daylight-saving time and leap years. Auto-Set is programmed for Eastern Standard Time; if you do not live in this time zone,
you can easily switch the setting to one of six other time zones.
1. To change your time zone setting, press and hold the 8 Time Zone Button. The current Auto-Set Time Zone in the
lower-right-hand corner of the display will flash for approximately ten seconds, after which the display will revert to the
standard clock display.
2. While the Auto-Set Time Zone is flashing, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to select your time zone.
The display will show each zone's current time setting. There are seven zones to choose from:
Auto-Set Time Zones
Z-01 Atlantic Standard Time
Z-02 Eastern Standard Time
Z-03 Central Standard Time
Z-04 Mountain Standard Time
Z-05 Pacific Standard Time
Z-06 Alaskan Standard Time
Z-07 Hawaiian Standard Time
3. Find your time zone, then press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the
setting to lock into place.
Manual Time and Date Settings
1. To change your time setting, press and hold the J Time Set Button so that the clock display begins flashing.
2. While the display flashes, press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the time. Hold a button for a few
seconds to set the time rapidly. Be sure to set the correct AM/PM time, shown by the PM Indicator.
3. After setting the time, press the 4 Enter Button or wait about ten seconds for the clock to beep twice and the setting
to lock into place.
4. To change the calendar, press and hold the 9 Date/7-5-2 Button until the display shows the flashing year.
5. Press the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the current year. When you have selected the year, press the
4 Enter Button, then use the 1 Reverse and 6 Forward Buttons to set the month/day.
6. After you have set the date, press the 4 Enter Button or wait for the display to beep twice and lock into place.
Mar 15, 2011 | Timex (T307S) Clock Radio
Jan 18, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 25, 2010 | Psion WORKABOUT PRO
Feb 06, 2010 | Medion md40298 Notebook
May 25, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 09, 2009 | The Times ROYAL TC100 TimeMaster Time...
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: