Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Printer was working without problems prior to recent move. printer was protected during move, but will not turn on now. green light on cord glows when plugged into wall, but goes out when connected to printer. have tried to re-cycle power without success.
Might as well do a reset:
for partial reset:
1.unplug the power cord wthout turning the printer off
2.while the cord is unplugges, press # and number 3 simultaneously
3.hold the 2 button for 10 seconds while inserting the plug back
4.release the 2 buttons when the printer reinitialized.
for semi-full reset:
follow same steps but press # and number 6
semi full means the printer is set back to factory settings or default settings.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Feb 11, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 20, 2011 | Kenmore Freezers
Jan 13, 2010 | Dell 1710 Laser Printer
Jan 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
May 26, 2008 | Lexmark Z33 InkJet Printer
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: