The doors look when started they unlock when turned off and if I push the start button twice it starts but none of it works with the remotes. I call tech support and got yelled at for installing myself, I did not know I was not supposed to. Any help would be fantastic.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: newly installed 1400xp remotes do not work
I don't know where you live but i would recommend that you either go to best buy or a dealer that sells and install viper alarms and purchase a remote they should have a bitwriter to unlock the remote start brain if indeed it is locked.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds. A. Insert the key into the ignition and Pull key out twice (Do NOT Turn)
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Close then open the drivers door twice. B. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Close then open the drivers door twice. B. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition. C. Close the drivers door. D. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. E. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point. 6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remtoe simutaneously for 1.5 seconds. B. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted. C. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote. 7. Open drivers door.
Depending on the "brain box" used, this fob can lock/unlock doors, unlock trunk, and remotely start the car. the * button is used for the remote start....OR can be used to arm/disarm a security system. Only way to tell is to try the buttons and see.
Also, some are wired so that first you must hit the door lock button, then the remote start * button. Also may need to push * button twice to get the remote start to engage.
Somewhere - likely under the dash near steering column or ignition switch is the brain box. Give us the model numbers off that box and I can tell you a lot more about what it does.
You can disable the chirp confirmation by using the following procedure
1. Turn the ignition on 2. Turn the ignition off 3. Press the valet switch 5 times, wait for the Status Light to flash twice, the parking lights to flash twice and the horn to chirp twice. 4. Press the valet switch 4 times, the MARS unit will respond with 4 Status Light flashes and horn chirps 5. Press the transmitter START button, the MARS unit will respond with 3 Status Light flashes and horn chirps 6. Turn thr ignition on to exit program mode
Does the red light on the remote light up when you push any of the button if no, replace remote if yes, then try repograming the remote to the car again. -Have remotes' ready. if you have two then fob#1 and fob#2 (doesn't matter which one is #1 or #2) -each step has to be done within 5 sec or it will not work, but don't do it super fast. 1.turn key just to the "on" position (not starting) and push "lock button " on fob#1 once and release 2.turn key off 3.turn key just to the "on" position (not starting)and push "lock button " on fob#1 once and release 4.turn key off 5.turn key just to the "on" position (not starting)and push "lock button " on fob#1 once and release 6turn key off 7.turn key just to the "on" position (not starting) and push "lock button " on fob#1 twice (if you only have one fob, then stop here and go to step 8)and push the "lock button" on fob#2 twice. 8.turn key off and remove key from ignition. if you did it right, remotes' should work again. good luck
If the keyless remote works to unlock and lock the doors, then it should start the engine. In order to use this feature, you have to lock the doors (make sure that all door lock by pushing the lock button twice) with the remote by pushing the lock button, then you hold down the start button on the remote for 2 to 3 seconds and it should start. You can start and stop the engine with the remote 2 or 3 times with the remote, after that it will no longer let you use the remote start until you physically get in the car and start the engine to reset the system. Check your driver information center options using the steering wheel controls. There is an option to enable and disable the remote start option.
Programming When Remote control added or replaced. System malfunction. How Obtain all remote controls. Remove key from ignition switch. Close all doors. Open driver's door. Carry out the following within 24 seconds: Turn ignition switch ON and back to LOCK position 3 times. Remove key. Press and release driver's door courtesy light switch 3 times. Ensure doors lock and unlock. If not, wait 40 seconds and repeat procedure starting with driver's door already open. Press each remote control lock or unlock button twice. Ensure doors lock and unlock after each remote control operation. If not, proceed as follows: Press and release driver's door courtesy light switch once. Ensure doors lock and unlock twice. Repeat procedure starting with driver's door already open. NOTE: A maximum of 3 remote controls can be programmed.
This usually works.Lock the doors with the remote.Press lock twice sounding the alarm.Then press the unlock button twice.Your car should start now.If that doesnt work try this,Lock the car again with the remote once.Go over to the passenger side door and use the key to unlock the door then press in the door unlock all doors.Hopefully by now it worked.Now if none of these work your security probably malfunctioned and theres only two things that will work,One is disconnecting the battery for 5 mins then reconnecting.unlock doors.the start.If that doesnt work you'll have to take it to the dealer to get the security reset or replaced.The steps I have wrot you are the diagnostics to reset it.I hope these work for you and good luck.See ya had have a great day..