An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: no sound from my new monitor
Just check the problem area first go to sound setting by click on sond icon on task bar and set the speaker on. if not get possitive result then chech sond by using head phone make sure sound drivers working properly or not if not then reinstall the sound driver
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like you've lost audio output from the sound card. Unplug the audio cable from the sound card and plug in a set of ear buds or headphones. If you don't get any sound your driver's not working. Try reinstalling the old driver.
If you have not connected an audio cable to the monitor then you cannot get any sound from the speakers. Connect an audio cable from the audio out jack on your computer to the audio in jack on the monitor.
It looks like there are no speakers according to: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/monitor/0000/Acer/X193/X193sp2.shtml
You should be able to use any external speakers to your system. The question is looks and power. You will likely have to buy speakers that have power in order to get enough volume.
Most speakers that come with monitors are of very, very low quality. You now have the option of buying good speakers (if you want to pay for them). If you are in a hurry you can likely pick up cheap speakers at the drugstore or Walmart. Another option is headphones.
I was afraid of that. The speaker system is only half in the monitor the other part(Amplifier section) was in your old computer. Here is a possible solution. Buy an external sound /speaker system. The amplifier comes with it and many can be had at a reasonable cost at **** places as Walmart , target ,etc. Sorry. but the speakers on
your monitor, I believe , will not work with you new computer. Sorry.
1. Check make sure the audio cable are plugged in from the monitor to the PC output audio jack (light green).
2. Open your on screen display and go to Volume settings. See if it set on mute or set to 0.
3. Turn of your monitor & PC and unplugged all the cables from your monitor and PC wait for 10 seconds and then replugged it all the cables and audio cable back. Then turned on you PC...
4. If it still doesn't work.. open the back cover see if the speaker cable are plugged in.
5. If that doesn't work...then your monitor AD board built-in speakers are defective.
6. Why not just used a external speakers, it give better sound quality.
Have a nice weekend!