An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: 3rd line - no ring tone on one of a 3 set phone...
Yes, as you noticed FEATURE *6 only changes the ring tone on the set...
You have to go into system programming to make this change...
-> First you need to know the extension on the set, you can find this by doing FEATURE *0 and press the Intercom button.
-> Get into programming and you'll see TERMINALS&SETS and enter
-> type in extension that is giving you problems
-> hit next till you see LINE ACCESS and enter
-> the you'll see LINE ASSIGNMENT and enter
-> type in the line 003
-> and press change to APPR&RING
-> hit next and RLS to back out of programming
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the problem is with an AT&T cellphone you will need to call them or go log in online to change that feature, however if it is with a Uniden Cordless Phone (the product this question is linked to) the directions below found in their manual should help:
Uniden Cordless Phone
From the base
1) Press [clock/menu] three times. The base displays the current number of rings (2, 4, 6, or TS for toll saver) and announces the setting.
2) Press [>>/select] or [<</select] until the desired ring time appears.
3) Press [set]. A confirmation tone sounds, and the answering machine announces the new ring time.
From the handset
1) Press the MENU soft key. Select the ANSW. SETUP menu, and then the RING TIME submenu.
2) Move the cursor to select a Ring Time (2 TIMES, 4 TIMES, 6 TIMES or TOLL SAVER).
3) Press the OK soft key. You will hear a confirmation tone.
First, lets get rid of the static. Try Feature #86. This will turn off background music. When a music source is not attached you get static.
Enter programming by using Feature XXX66344 password 266344. The display should show "Terminals&Sets" press the top right button with an indicator in the display. The display should show "Show set: ____ enter the extension number that you want to check or program. The display will show ***:name. Press the top right button three times. The display will show Show Line:____ with options to Scan or List. If you select Scan it will show the lines assigned to that phone. If you select List it will start with the first line in your phone system showing one of four states 1- Unassigned, 2- Ring Only, 3- Appear&Ring, 4- Appear only. Change the selection on the line by using the CHNG soft button. This is where line assignments are changed from the four states for each extension.
The only other thing that will keep an extension from ringing is "Do Not Disturb" or DND. Feature 85 and #85 will turn this feature on and Off.
To Program Personal Speed Dial Numbers: (Numbers
71 - 94 only. 1. Press the Feature button, then * 4 2. Enter the 2
digit code (71 - 94). that you want to assign to that phone number 3. Enter
the telephone number, then press the OK softkey 4. Display will show: "Entry
If the above doesn't work, try:
To Program Personal Speed Dial Numbers:
Press [Feature] [*] 
Enter a two-digit code from 71 to 94.
Specify the external line by pressing a line button, a line pool button, or
the intercom button. If you don't specify the external line, the system
automatically chooses a line for the call.
Dial the telephone number you want to program (up to 24 digits).
Record the code and number you have just programmed.
This feature lets you select the number of times you want to phone to ring before the answering system answers a call.
1. Make sure your phone is OFF (not in talk mode). 2. Press the MUTE/PROG button to go to the main menu. 3. Press CID/VOL (up or down) button to scroll to HANDSET SETUP. 4. Press MUTE/PROG button to confirm. 5. Press the CID/VOL (up or down) button to scroll to the RING SELECT menu. 6. Press MUTE/PROG button to enter the menu. RING SELECT 3 4 5 6 TS shows in the display. 7. Use the CID/VOL (up or down) button to scroll to the your selection. The default setting is 5. 8. Press the MUTE/PROG button to confirm. You will hear a confirmation tone and the new setting shows in the display.
NOTE: If you select Toll Saver (TS) the unit answers after the 3rd ring if there are NEW messages, OR the unit answers after the 5th ring if there are NO new messages. This allows user to access their answerer from another location and then hang up after 4 rings to save long distance charges.
Feature ** 266344 - password 266344 - configuration - line data - line access - show ext (yours) - line assignment ( which lines you have, usually 1 & 2) - show line - appear only/ring/apprear and ring
If so, the easiest way is to tell the system it now has 4 lines instead of 3. BUT, by doing this, you will erase the button immediately after the line 3 button. This is the easiest way, if you have some phones that are set not to ring, then do NOT follow these instructions.
From extension 10 or 11 Feature 00 Left intercom Left intercom #104 pres 04 press feature 00