Question about Computers & Internet
I have forgotten the password on my dell inspironlaptop and dont know what to do it runs on windows 2000 pro
When you get to the log on screen, press the ctrl+alt+del combo twice. You should get another log on screen, change the user name to administrator, all lower case. leave the password blank and see if you can log on. Most people leave the administrator password blank...? If that gets you in, go to control panel, user accounts and change the password on your user account. Log off as administrator and log back in on your regular user name with the new password. Hope that works!
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2016 | Dell Computers & Internet
1. Reinstall laptop with Windows installation CD
Maybe it is the first method we can think of. But this method is a little dangerous, because if you reset laptop with Windows installation CD, all the data on your laptop would be lost. You had better use it without any other methods but it.
2. Unlock Dell Laptop with Password Reset Disk
Password reset disk is an asset. Only you have created one before laptop locked, you can use it to reset forgotten laptop password.
3. Restore Dell Laptop to Factory Settings
Certainly it can help you, but it would take your laptop to the original settings. You would lose all the other data produced from the first time you use laptop.
4. Unlock Dell laptop with third-party software
Free third-party software is available, while I recommend you the newest Windows password recovery tool - Windows Password Genius. Why? For example, the free software Ophcrack only can be reset Windows password not longer than 12 characters. And just as we know, new things will be more advanced than the old things generally. So the newest Windows password recovery software makes progress in function and user experience. Just in order to provide user-friendly interface and more perfect function, it has been modified many times. Now, let's see how it reset Windows forgotten password.
Step 1: Windows Password Genius download and installation.
(1) Prepare an accessible computer and blank USB drive.
(2) Download Windows Password Genius on the computer and install it following wizard.
Step 2: Password Reset Disk Creation.
(1) Run the software and plug USB drive into available computer.
(2) Make sure you choose the right USB device from the drop-down box.
(3) Click "Begin burning" and wait for reset disk burning completely and successfully.
Step 3: Unlock laptop with password reset disk.
(1) Plug USB device into locked HP laptop
(2) Press F2 to enter BIOS when power on Dell laptop, and then press ALT + PageDown to enter next page, you will see the boot priority option.
(3) Modify the USB device as the first boot option, save the changes and exit.
(4) Dell boot from USB drive with password reset disk, and laptop starts with WinPE systems. Windows password recovery program runs automatically.
(5) Select the account to Reset Password and Reboot Dell laptop.
Windows 7 Forgotten Admin Password Reset
Oct 28, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 29, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 01, 2011 | Dell Latitude D830 Laptop Computer PC...
Dec 03, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S5837 Notebook
May 09, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Apr 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1721 Notebook
Apr 14, 2009 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Jan 12, 2009 | Dell Latitude D820 Notebook
Dec 13, 2007 | HP Pavillion ZV6000 Notebook
158 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!