Question about Boston Acoustics BA735 Computer Speakers

1 Answer

I have a set of self-powered computer speakers. They are in-line, meaning that that the other speaker gets its signal from the first. I am pretty sure that the speakers still split left and right signals. How can I (if it is possible) eliminate the second speaker (while still keeping stereo sound w/ both left and right signals? Again, the amplifier board only has one out wire. The second speaker gets its signal from the negative terminal on the first speaker. Thanks!

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers

Unless you put a smaller speaker in the right speaker try it but you might f@#k up the speakers

Posted on Mar 04, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can i make a external speaker work on my SC-1568D

Most TV's provide audio out. Some use RCA jack (right and left) and some use 3.5mm jack. This is usually line level output which means its enough signal to drive a headphone but won't drive speakers directly. You need to use amplified (powered) speakers or run through a receiver or component amplifier. Computer speakers will work.

Jan 13, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer


Look for audio out plug. this could be RCA jacks right and left or a 3.5mm jack (like a headphone connection on an MP3 player). This is most likely line level output which means you will need to run through an amplifier (or reciever) to get enough signal to drive the speakers. Or you can use amplified speakers (computer speakers will work). You should also have a setting in the menus on the TV for Audio out - this can be set to fixed (controlled by the receiver or amplifier) or variable (controlled by the volume control of the TV).

Jan 13, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer


You can cut the treble gain some BUT most importantly is to send adequate signal to this speaker so volume level does not have to be set high when sending LINE LEVEL signals to it. Hissing noise is a product of the statistical noise that occurs in electronics. Running any device at high gain invariably brings up the hiss level. Managing thee signal levels is the responsibility of the sound engineer.

ALSO feed ALL interconnected equipment from the same receptacle or power source, even if it means running a power cable to a mixer alongside the snake. ALWAYS USE BALANCED audio cables whenever possible.

Dec 24, 2010 | Samson Auro D415 - 2-Way Active Speaker...

1 Answer

I need speakers for my dell dimension 9100 pc

Just about every PC will accept about any PC speaker system. Your computer has 'Line out' jacks that supply the right level of signal for practically all speaker sets that have their own internal power amplifier. Two-speaker sets are around $20 US with prices and quality going up from there.

Dec 02, 2010 | Dell Dimension 9100 PC Desktop

1 Answer

I just bought a new Samsung TV. I cannot get the TV audio to come through the Bose speakers using RCA (red and white connectors) cables. What can I do?

Since you do not specify which Bose speakers you have, I will assume they are not self-powered but require an amp. The RCA connectors are what's known as "line level" meaning they are meant to drive an amp or receiver but NOT a speaker.
IF the speakers are self-powered, then you need to assure that you are connecting to the LINE OUT of the TV (rather than some inputs).

Nov 09, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

My asus desktop pc cg1330 does not have sound - does it need external speakers- I can find no indication of what is needed

Very few desktop computers have built-in speakers other than a small beeper on the motherboard, used for error codes at startup. You need some kind of external speakers which you plug in to the output jack on the computer's rear panel. Also, these need to be powered speakers, meaning they have a built-in amplifier. The computer's audio output signal is line level, and too low to drive speakers directly. You could plug in headphones, though, and listen to the computer that way until you get some speakers.

Hope this helps, and thanks for using Fixya!

Oct 13, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Phonic Helix Board sound problems

You don't specify which model Phonic mixer in question.
Is it a powered mixer ? And are you plugging your speakers into the speaker outputs ? If it's not a powered mixer and you're plugging speakers into the Line Outputs, you're not using a power amplifier between the line outputs and your speakers - this won't work.
If it is a powered mixer and you are plugging speakers into the speaker output connectors and still getting little or no sound, check your speaker cables and the speakers themselves by plugging them into known good amps.

Jul 03, 2009 | Phonic Helix18fw 18 Channel Mixer with...

2 Answers

No sound from external speakers system

Look into your monitor settings and computer settings and see if you can reverse the "input" and "output". If both are set to line in or line out then they pretty much cancell themselves out.

May 23, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Boston Acpustics BA745

you cannot plug the phono jack directly into the motherboard, there needs to be another piece that you can add, it has a yellow speaker sticker that you install into the computer, onto the motherboard. it is not an add-on card, but an accessory you can buy. this is because the speakers are self-powered, meaning that they need power from the motherboard instead of an AC adapter

Nov 17, 2006 | Boston Acoustics BA745 Computer Speakers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Boston Acoustics BA735 Computer Speakers Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Boston Acoustics Audio Players & Recorders Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74459 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5190 Answers

Vito Vacirca Jr.

Level 2 Expert

140 Answers

Are you a Boston Acoustics Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides