Question about Cuisinart Thermal DGB-600 Grinder
When attempting to brew a fresh pot of coffee, the machine brews, but all that is left in the pot is hot water! Please help!
Try an experiment - brew a test cup, but use only a small amount of grounds in the brew basket (use a paper filter) [or else, put the grounds in the gold tone filter basket]. See if the machine makes coffee (albeit weak coffee). If it does not make coffee, see if the water is draining properly from the brew basket, or if it is leaking over the sides of the brew basket. Also, make sure the lid to the brew basket is completely open and in the correct position.
If you still get water only in the caraffe, replace the brew basket. The part costs about $11.95 with shipping - or even call Cuisinart to see if your 3-year warranty will cover the issue.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2018 | Mr. Coffee Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Feb 26, 2015 | Cuisinart SS-700 - Single Serve Brewing...
Mar 02, 2014 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
May 16, 2012 | Gevalia CM-500 12 Cup Coffee Maker
Sep 13, 2010 | Bunn VPR Coffee Maker
May 12, 2010 | Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker
Feb 02, 2010 | Bunn Pour-Omatic Coffeemaker, 10 Cup White
1. Power off machine.
2. Using a metal paperclip, insert it into left side of top needle. It must insert at least 1" deep. Insert it into slot on right side and again from back of needle.
3. Remove KCup cradle. Separate bottom from top. In the top section, insert the paperclip up into bottom needle from the bottom upwards. It will not go all the way thru and this is normal.
4. Reassemble KCup cradle and reinsert it back into coffee maker.
5. Power on machine.
6. Brew a cup of water only. There may be coffee grounds in the water and these should eventually clear during the remaining steps. NOTE: A large cup brew cycle should output a full 8 ounces (235cc). Less means there is still a blockage
7. Empty reservoir and fill with undiluted distilled white vinegar. Repeatedly run brewing cycle until Add Water light comes on.
8. Make sure Auto-OFF is NOT set and let last cycle of vinegar remain inside machine for 4 hours.
9. Refill reservoir with fresh water and repeatedly run brewing cycle until the water is clear and odorless.
10. Set Auto-OFF, if preferred.
Jan 01, 2010 | Keurig Ultra B50 1-Cup Coffee Maker
Feb 08, 2009 | Grindmaster Pourover Brewer - 18
Nov 16, 2008 | Braun FlavorSelect KF 180 Coffee Maker
Sep 11, 2017 | Cuisinart Thermal DGB-600 Grinder
251 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!