Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
I have to order a replacement valve but there is no model # on the unit. I have looked everywhere inside (including the dryer door) and outside. The only numbers I have are:
Mfr ID 3394709
Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
SOURCE: Whirlpool Thin Twin
Before you run in there with a hammer, is there any way to simply turn off the buzzer alert? I have a different dryer, but I can disable the buzzer. Please check the operator's manual first. If you've gotten to the point of no return, you can disable the buzzer - carefully. Never leave any exposed wires dangling about.
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
In the back of your thin twin dryer is a small white flat fuse attached with a screw, a clip, and two spade clips and wires. This is a thermal fuse and if tripped will cause your dryer to do nothing. Check with multimeter for continuity and replace if necessary. Also inside machine is a black tubular capacitor that will cause dryer to not run. Again, remove after properly discharging capacitor. Using multimeter check capacitor for continuity and potential. Obviously disconnect all power to machine before even thinking about repair. 240 volts will kill you dead.
Posted on Mar 19, 2008
SOURCE: i have a whirlpool thin
1) Be sure your clothes dryer is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be aware that most electric dryers don't plug into standard 120-
volt receptacles; they operate on 240 volts.
Make sure the door is closed completely, the timer is advanced to the proper position, and the correct cycle is selected.
2) If the receptacle is dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the dryer and check the power cord and the terminal block. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the door, and check the door switch. Press and release it; it should click each time. If it doesn't, it's probably broken.
If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service.
5) If the dryer still doesn't work, a thermal fuse or other electrical or electronic part may be faulty. The thermal fuse, found in the back cover panel, can stop working if the dryer overheats. Call an appliance service person if you suspect an electrical part may be malfunctioning.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 25, 2012 | Washing Machines
Sep 18, 2011 | Whirlpool LTE5243D Top Load Stacked...
Dec 22, 2010 | Whirlpool WTW6700TW Top Load Stacked...
Apr 18, 2010 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Mar 01, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Oct 05, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 19, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Feb 28, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Jan 31, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!