Question about Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Open 192.168.1.1 in your internet explorer,it will ask for username and password,Leave the username blank and in password type admin.Now on the liksys page click on wireless in the black bar.Enter the settings as below-:
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed Wireless Network Name (SSID): give any name that will be your wireless network name, Wireless Channel: select 6 from the dropdown menu. Wireless SSID Broadcast:select enable. Now Search for the wireless network on your computer.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Once you have all the wireless settings of the router, you are ready to connect the play station or the x-box to the wireless network.
On the x-box you will need to connect to the wireless network now.
Open the main Interface of the X-Box.
1. In the Xbox Dashboard, go to My Xbox and open System Settings.
2. Select Network Settings, Configure Network.
3. On the Basic Settings tab, select your wireless settings.
4. Select the name (SSID) of your wireless network. If your router isn't broadcasting your network's name, select Specify Unlisted Network and enter the name.
5. If your network has wireless security, enter your WEP or WPA key.
6. Try to connect to Xbox LIVE again.
Trouble connecting to the internet on X-box ,Play station or WII ?
You can try to reduce the MTU settings on the router. if the MTU on the router is set to 1500 then change the MTU to 1365. Also you will need to open the ports on the router.
For X-box port numbers are - 53, 80-88, 3074 .
Jan 23, 2011 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Dec 28, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Dec 15, 2009 | Routers
Jul 15, 2009 | Linksys (WRT54GC) Router
Jan 25, 2009 | Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Broadband...
Jan 24, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jan 03, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Dec 28, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 31, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 08, 2014 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
284 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: