An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: laptop will not turn on
Unplug the ac adapter from the back of the computer. Make sure it's plugged to an electric outlet. check if the ac adapter light is solid green. if not. then you have to replace it.
If it is solid green, reconnect it to the computer, if the light on the adapter goes out as soon as you plug it in to the system, you need to replace the motherboard. call dell to seek your options for replacement.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Plug in the AC power cord, remove the battery, and try powering up. Anything? Any lights?
Remove power cord, hold in the power button for 30 seconds, then try plugging it in again and powering up without the battery. Any change?
1. Unplug the power from the laptop and remove the battery then press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds
2. Put the battery back in, turn on the laptop without plugging the power to the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue)
3. Remove the battery and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, after that, plug the power cord and turn on the laptop (if this didn't resolve the issue)
4. Remove the power cord and press the power button of the laptop for 15 seconds, disconnect the Hard drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnec the hard drive
5. Remove the Optical Drive and turn on the laptop (If this didn't resolve the issue) reconnect the optical drive
6. Remove the memory chip, if you have 2 memory chips installed in the 2 memory slots (remove both of them) now test each one of the memory to each slots turning on the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue) Put the memory chip back in
7. Reseat the CPU and try to make sure that it's installed properly. Turn on the laptop and test if it's gonna work (If this didn't resolve the issue)
8. Reseat the power cords coming from the power supply of the laptop and test the laptop. (If this didn't resolve the issue)
9. Disconnect everything and just leave the CPU installed and turn on the laptop.
10. If all else fails, there's a big possibility that the problem may be with the power supply or the motherboard of the laptop.
(Note: you may try to clean your computer if there is a large amount of dust. You may try to remove the CMOS battery)
Try to connect and external keyboard to it
with the external monitor.
If the shortcut is in the keypads where most off the beer propably came in contact.
will now be seen if its boots up.
If it boots up with external keyboard the ptoblem is in the beer soaked keyboard.
change or clean the keyboard with isoprophanol
to dissolve moisture and beer.
This is the solution. Please vote!!!
If the light comes on for three seconds and then go out ,generally means a power distrubution problem . remove the optical drive and memory from the system and try powering it on. If u get the same result , its time to take it to service tech , as your motherboard needs to be checked
could it be your hard drive...... and have you tried getting into the bios at all.... if you can get into your bios, change your boot order to cd drive first, install your os disk and try doing a repair . if that dont work try a new hard drive.