I have a Verizon Fios router (mi42wr) and a DLINK DIR-130 VPN router. I'm trying to configure these two devices together and establish a VPN ipsec tunnel to another office that has a similar setup. It seems that the configuration that Verizon and DLink gave me does not allow me to establish this link. The other office is using Timewarner and DLink DIR-130 VPN router with no problem.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: VPN tunnel between two DLINK VPN DIR-130
- Logon to the configuration page of your D-Link. - Go to Advanced tab - And Click on Firewall Settings on the left side - Under that look for Application Gateway Level at the bottom and you must uncheck at the box on it and click on save settings at the top.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if you connect through vpn and your network folder is in your local network, you cannot access the network folder because you are virtually connected to an external network other than your local network. because of this you are actually trying to find your local network folder that is not present on that external network. you may need to disconnect your vpn before you access the network folder in your local network
you need to create an IPSec tunnel between the router and windows server 2003 (run secpol.msc). From the dlink router, you need to set the IP address of the VoIP gateway as part of the LAN that is included on the VPN tunnel. Since it is the server 2003 that has a static IP, you need to initiate the connection from the Dlink router.
yes...you must change the D Link IP address and disable the DHCP server...use the IP add within the range of verizon dhcp server..192.168.1.1 is your verizons IP..to chANGE your di link IP connect to Dlink wired and not connected to any routers...type 192.168.1.1 to access configuration menu and you can change the setting
Buy 2 DIR 130 VPN routers and connect the two office networks via LAN-LAN VPN tunnels. If you have the time and skills you can build two IPCOP firewall routers and connect via VPN tunnels (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ipcop/wiki)
- Logon to the configuration page of the router - Go to Advanced tab - Select Firewall Settings at the left side - Uncheck the boxes under Application Gateway Level at the bottom part - And Click on Save Settings at the top.