My HP printer won't work after I beat it with a baseball bat.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
I just got a little furious with all of the issues I had after having been forced to pay $50. for ink and $300 for replacement print heads and it still never worked. So I beat it into a pile of tiny plastic chinks and now it still doesn't work but I am at least happy.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This issue is common with every HP scanning software used with Windows OS which have a firewall running.
If you would try the following:
- check the task bar if HP digital imaging monitor is up and running
- if not, go to C:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin and double click the file HPQTRA08.EXE
- now the monitor should run
- if not, pls reinstall the software (*)
- if yes, pls try to open HP solution center
- if solution center starts, pls try to scan or to fax
- if successful, no other steps are required
- if faxing is not successful, check in the printer folder, if you find a HP <device name> series fax entry
- if you cannot find it, unplug the printer and delete the entries in both the printer folder and scanner folder
- also run the software CD and start the uninstall_l1.bat and uninstall_l2.bat in the util\CCC on the CD (if 64 bit OS, the run the 64 bit versions)
- restart the PC with the loaded CD
- replug the printer and let it be reinstalled
(*) For a clean reinstall it is recommended to contact HP support. They know the best way to leave a clean system on the PC.
The following error message appears on the LCD panel on top of the printer after you insert a cartridge: Press enter to align cartridges . You press Enter , but the error message does not go away. The printer will not print. Solution To bypass the cartridge alignment, do the following:
Press and hold the Setup button.
Press the Options button. The printer should be ready to print.
If the print quality is unacceptable after bypassing alignment, follow the steps below until the error is corrected.