When i turn on the cd player the sound from the components vuts off but the sound coming through the subwoofer stays on??
The Sub gets it's output from the pre-amp circuit, whereas the components get their output from the main amp circuit in the unit.
Sounds like it could be a short in the speaker wiring or a blown speaker. Check all wiring to the speakers.
Check all speaker wires from the unit to the speakers.
check that each pair of speaker terminals at the speaker end is not
touching. Or, a wire fell of 1 terminal to rest on another.
way to check if it's a blown speaker or a wiring short, is to
disconnect all speaker connections ( at the speaker end ) making sure
the disconnected wires don't touch each other or any metal in the car.
press the reset on the unit and power up. If the unit powers up ok,
then its a blown speaker.
Otherwise it's a short in the wiring.
If it's a blown speaker, you can connect 1 speaker at a time and the blown 1 will send the unit into protect mode again.
it's the wiring, disconnect the unit from the wiring and use and ohm
meter to check each pair of cables. A reading suggests a short.
If you don't have an ohm meter a battery and bulb will do. This method usually works on a short.
you have no joy with either method, take each speaker wire in turn and
check with a source of earth (anything metal connected directly to the
body of the car, cigar lighter main body when pulled slightly out is
Jul 20, 2008 |
Car Speakers & Subwoofers