Question about Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
FREE? Yes there is a way believe it or not...
TO GET 2009 MAP IS NOT EASY! Software update is, from the Garmin site you can update software easily BUT THE MAP... you must purchase for $69.99 OR if you're a technical person who knows the following instructions you can save some $$$
search torrent for
"CNNANT2009-1 MapID 396"
under torrent sites, you know what you're doing.
Use these instructions if you have downloaded it.
Download these first:
and MapSource where u can directly get from Garmin site
Create these folders on the root drive: (I will choose one to make things easier, you can change)
Connect your GPS to USB, and BACKUP then remove
X:/Garmin/gmapprom.img and gmapprom.sum (may be gmapsupp.[img+sum]) approx. 1GB
1) Copy gmapsupp.img from this torrent to C:/grmtmp;
2) Extract gmaptool.exe, cgpsmapper.exe and mapsettoolkit.exe to C:/grmtmp/extract
3) Open a command prompt, and navigate to the extract folder ("cd/grmtmp/extract")
4) Run "gmaptool -S ../gmapsupp.img" Note that is -(CAPITAL S), lower case s is for different option
5) The above will extract files, you will get some warnings about 10 degrees. Ignore them.
6) Run "cgpsmapper mapset00.mp"
7) Run "MapSetToolKit"
8) In MapSetToolKit, press "Install A Existing Mapset"
8a) TDB File: "mapset00.tdb
8b) Overview map: "mapset00.img"
8c) Registry name: "WhateverYouWant" (I did "Grm2009.1Update")
8d) Leave TYP files blank, and hit "Install"
9) Close MapSetToolKit and run MapSource
10) Ignore any requests to unlock map, not ready yet.
11) Go to "Utilities-Get Unit ID" and Find Device with your GPS plugged in USB. Write down Unit ID.
12) Run Garmin Unlock Utility, Enter that Unit ID at the top.
13) Select under "Select Map Product"
14) Ender 396 for the FID/MapID, use the Generate button to get 25char code.
15) In MapSource go to "Utilities-Manage Map Products"
16) Go to "Unlock Regions" Tab, and hit "Add...", enter 25char code, comment optional
17) Now on the main MapSource screen, type 'm' to enable map tool.
18) You should see a large white rectangle, with rectangle outlines (these represent NA maps)
19) Click and drag to select them all, you can click "Map Set Name" if wanted.
20) Click the "Send to Device" button. Wait an hour. Enjoy.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2016 | Garmin Nuvi 2360Lmt - Gps Receiver
Dec 02, 2015 | GPS
Jul 12, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Nov 03, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Mar 17, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Jun 30, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Oct 21, 2015 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
1,227 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: