Question about D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless Router (WBR2310)
Hi, I'm not a very tech saavy person. Anyways, my router is not giving out any signals. The three circle light is working (the one that looks like a triangle). But the signal light isn;t on. It's reading all the other computers but isn't working. Help would be appreciated.
What does this line mean? "It's reading all the other computers but isn't working."
Do you mean that the other computers are hard-wired to ports 1, 2, 3 & four on the back of the router? Or are you going totally wireless? Is your cable, or satellite modem plugged into the port labeled WAN?
1. Place the router in an open and central location. Do not plug the power adapter into the router.
2. Turn the power off on your modem. If there is no on/off switch, then unplug the modem’s power adapter. Shut down your computer.
3. Unplug the Ethernet cable from your modem and plug it into the WAN port on the router.
4. Plug an Ethernet cable into one of the four LAN ports on the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port on your computer.
5. Turn on or plug in your modem and wait for it to go through its boot cycle. It takes about 30 seconds. Watch the lights on the modem to tell when it has finished booting.
6. Plug the power adapter into your router. Again, wait about 30 seconds for the router to boot.
7. Turn on your computer.
8. Verify the link lights on the router. The power light, WAN light, and the LAN light for the port you plugged your computer into.
Now, open Internet Explorer (web browser) and in the Address line, type 192.168.0.1 and hit enter. You should see a login screen. Enter a user ID of admin and leave the password blank.
This should log you into the configuration utility for your router. You should see a Setup Wizard button that will walk you through setting up your router.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3100-1405 Notebook
Dec 28, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Oct 31, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Sep 25, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 11, 2010 | D-Link DGL-4500 Wireless Router
Jan 21, 2010 | Linksys WCG200 Wireless Cable Modem 54G...
Oct 28, 2009 | NetGear DG834G 802.11G Wireless ADSL...
Jan 05, 2008 | D-Link DI-624 Air Plus XtremeG Wireless...
210 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: