An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: It appears that my mike on one unit does not work.
Check your programming by holding in the PTT button while turning on the radio. The first announced number is your frequency. Press the MONITOR button, and then it will announce your code. Press the MONITOR button again finish. Then shut the radio off and back on for normal operations.
If the numbers on your radios do not match, you can use your PTT button to change the number it has announced. Press the MONITOR button to lock in your new setting after setting the frequency and/or code.
Final thought, check your mic hole on the face of the radio to be certain is does not have debris or tape over it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Scanning is interrupted when you key the other unit's mike. For example, if the non-scanning unit is set to channel 13 and keyed scanning will stop at channel 13 on the other unit to establish communication between the two.
The units receiver is "opening" this is either caused by a strong signal nearby or the receiver is failing (many of these radios suffer from bad capacitors) However you might get it to stop by setting a privacy code to "close" the receiver check the documentation to try setting a code this might get you by.
What this code indicate mean that your radio have have been compress with power however the can also be an indication of lower power supply but most of the time is always power compress.
What you need to do to solve this code problem is to put off the radio for some time allow it relax, then remove the battery if possible after some time replace it if you are able to remove the battery then put on the radio and operate it.
1) Double check your interference code eliminator and the Qt filter. Make certain they are all set identical.
2) If you are still having trouble, shut off the Qt filter.
3) Then if you still have trouble shut off the code. (Off is sometimes "zero" or "n" for no.)
4) If the above steps do not help you have either a defective radio, or a bad battery. Switch the batteries out of the working units to the non-working and see if the problem switches to the other units. If so, replace the battery packs. (Note: it takes more battery power to transmit, so the problem would first show up in the transmit area.)
Check for Squelch Codes you can see on the display channel number and sub chanel number this is the squelch code
Both displays must show the same icons
If both are the same, try with and audio accesorie, if works may be your speaker is broken.
To change channel & code press talk and monitor
while turning radio on.
Radio will speak current channel.
Release both talk and monitor.
Press talk to change to next channel or press
monitor to keep current channel.
Press monitor when desired channel is selected, radio will speak current code.
Press talk to change to next code or press monitor
to keep current code.
Press talk to change code as desired then press
monitor when done.
Will speak channel and code selected.
Set all units in same manner to