Question about HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Follow the steps carefully from the front panel of the All-in-One.
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps given below.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Now Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Now the Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11.Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12.To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
There there to much to tell you what to do but I found a link for you to see it will tell you what to do just click on the link it will take you there.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 13, 2010
You can try a reset on the printer using the # and the number 6,holding them down
while plugging in the power cord at the back of the printer.if it still does not work
then you can try the same with the # and the number 9.If it still does not work,get
your printer serviced.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
SOURCE: ink system failure
There may be some conflict arised in Printer, and you need to reinstall it again:
Uninstall the HP Printer software by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. The HP software will includes:
By Printer Design Home
HP Print creator
HP Instant Delivery
HP Print Screen Utilities
HP Photo and Imaging software
2. Uninstall the printer driver from the device manager.
Please remove the USB Cable from your PC completely.
Restart your PC without connecting USB cable back to your PC.
Then install the HP printer software, when it ask to connect the printer, then only connect and power on.
Your PC will automatically accept this USB Hardware driver.
After doing above steps please reboot your PC finally and Printer
Visit the Official Web site of HP for your Printer driver and other useful information using this link:
HP Printer C6180
Let me know the result, so I can further investigate the problem.
Best of Luck & Have a Nice Day.
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
SOURCE: HP Photosmart All-in -One Ink
You should try to reset your printer, click the link to see how and find other tips:
Posted on Jun 05, 2011
SOURCE: HP printer Ink system has
Please follow these steps and solutions to resolve the issue.
Reset the printer
1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
Remove, clean, and reinstall the Printhead
1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2. Open the cartridge access door.
3. To remove each cartridge, press the tab on the front of the cartridge to release it and remove it from the slot.
NOTE: Do not leave the cartridges outside the product longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the product and the cartridges.
4. Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops.
5. Lift the printhead straight up to remove it.
Clean the Printhead
CAUTION: Do not touch the ink nozzles. Do not touch the electrical contacts with your finger. Use only cleaning materials to touch the electrical contact areas.
1. Gather the following cleaning materials:
2. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth.
3. Use the damp cloth to wipe the electrical contacts from the bottom to the top. Do not go past the edge between the electrical contacts and the ink nozzles. Repeat this motion until no ink remains on the electrical contacts.
4. Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts.
5. Use a fresh, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles. Wipe away from the nozzles only.
6. Dry the previously cleaned areas with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth before proceeding to the next step.
7. Lightly dampen a fresh, clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.
8. Clean the electrical contacts inside the product by wiping them from top to bottom. Repeat this motion until no ink remains on the electrical contacts.
9. Dry the area with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
Reinstall the printhead
1. Raise the latch handle, and then reinsert the printhead.
2. Carefully lower the latch handle before reinserting the cartridges.
NOTE: Leaving the latch handle raised can result in incorrectly seated cartridges and printing issues. The latch must remain down to install the cartridges correctly.
3. Using the colored shape icons for help, slide the cartridges into their appropriate slots until they snap firmly into place in the slot.
4. Close the cartridge access door.
If the previous solutions did not resolve the issue, replace the printhead. Contact HP support to obtain a replacement printhead.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2014 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-in-One Color...
Jun 05, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 05, 2011 | HP Printers & Copiers
Nov 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 03, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 07, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
1,853 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!