Question about Canon imageRUNNER 5570 Copier
ERROR “Default Key Is Corrupted Or Invalid”-----
On the lower part of the Control Panel LCD display the message “Default Key Is Corrupt Or Invalid” appears.
To eliminate this message from the machine display, follow these steps:
1. Go to ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>NETWORK SETTINGS>TCP/IP SETTINGS>CERTIFICATE SETTINGS>
2. Generate Key
3. Key Name: Input CANON
4. Select 1024 as the key length
5. Input the current date as the start date
6. Input an end date with current month and date settings but with the year listed as 2025
7. Start Key Generation
8. Go to Certificate Settings and select Key and Certificate List
9. Highlight Default Key and press Erase
10. Exit out of System Settings and Additional Functions.
11. Cycle Main Power of copier.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
This is the key you need to authenticate with windows servers etc. If you're not doing any emailing, sendig to folders etc the message won't matter but here goes how to sort it.
Press additional functions(star head) system settings, look for certificate settings (could be down one or two screens). Choose create key, call it a name, choose 1024 bit and a start and finish date. press generate key and wait a minute.
Press key list and make your new key the default. then highlight the default key and press delete. next press done or ok out to the copy screen, reboot the copier and everything should be ok.
Hopethis is ok if you need any further assistance let me know and I'll get back to you tomorrow when I'm near the machine, as I'm doing this from memory.
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2015 | Printers & Copiers
Mar 14, 2014 | HP LaserJet Printers & Copiers
Feb 16, 2014 | Printers & Copiers
Jul 18, 2011 | Canon ImageRunner C-3170I Copier
Nov 29, 2010 | Brother MFC-7420 Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | Sharp AR-M277 Black and White Copier
Mar 02, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 5570 Copier
May 09, 2008 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2007 | Dell 3100cn Laser Printer
3,672 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: