Question about Philips 37MF231D 37 in. LCD Television
After switch on, approx 30 sec a message "Attention No video Input" on screen and switching off themself.
SOURCE: Video In or INPUT
It depends on your television set but there are two common ways to do it. One way is through the menu function on your television. The other is by pressing the Channel down button on your television or remote control and the option will appear.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
The "TV ONP" message is happening because the DVD recorder is waiting for you to complete the "initial installation" on the TV (where you will select what language you want to use and a few other basic settings).
Provided that your DVD recorder is hooked up to your TV properly, you should turn on your TV and see the "initial setup" screen for the dvd recorder. Use your DVD recorder's remote control for this screen.
See page "30" in the manual that was posted for instructions on going through these screens. Note, though, that page "30" in the manual, is actually page 44 on the pdf file.
To summarize what the manual says, it basically says:
- Use the remote, pointed properly at the dvd recorder. Use the four-way pad and the "OK" button to navigate the menu.
- pick your menu language from the menu shown onscreen
- now pick your "audio language" from the menu
- now pick your "subtitle language"
- then pick your "tv shape" (e.g. widescreen or normal)
- connect your cable tv or satellite to the dvd recorder and press ok
- wait as the dvd recorder automatically programs in the available channels
- once done, "Auto ch. search complete" will appear on the screen.
- press the "SYSTEM-MENU" button on the remote to remove the menu and begin normal operation
The recorder will loop through all the channels on your cable tv and "autoprogram" the working ones into it, so part of the instructions that you read on the manual will talk about setting that up. If you have a digital or proprietary cablebox that doesn't use the traditional TV channels (e.g. the tv is supposed to just be on channel 3 all the time), then the dvd recorder will only find that one channel, which is fine.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
SOURCE: Attention No Video Input
Check your input cabling and connectors and make sure you have a good input signal. Put another tv on this same input cable and see what happens. Keever
Posted on Mar 09, 2008
hey i relise you had this problem a while back but i am having the same problem, may i ask how you resolved this problem?
Posted on May 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2015 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 25, 2012 | Fujitsu ESPRIMO MOBILE V5515 V5555 V5535...
Apr 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 17, 2010 | HP w2207 Monitor
Dec 28, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-42WE655 42" Rear...
Aug 26, 2009 | Fujitsu Siemens LifeBook N3520 Notebook
Apr 27, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: