- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you require the WEP key for the wireless network you will have to log in to the router interface and retrieve it. You can try the following steps..
1) Open internet explorer on any computer connected wired to the router. ( IF no computer is connected then connect your laptop through an Ethernet cable to the LAN slot on the router)
2) Delete everything from the address bar and type http://192.168.2.1 and hit enter.
3) Towards the left side under wireless click on security.
4) Now it will ask for the login password, do not type anything..just hit enter.
5) Now you will be in wireless security page. You should see Key 1, Key 2, Key 3 and Key 4. The check mark selected on either of the four with number or numbers and letters in it are the password. Make a note of it.
6) Now connect to the wireless network using the keys u made a note of.
Hope this helped.
The access code or password is the
encryption key in your wireless router, without this key the wireless router
won't allow the laptop/computer to connect to this wireless router. The WEP, WPA, WPA2
encryption key is in your router's wireless settings. Log into your router and
got to the wireless settings, you will need to get the SSID and the encryption
key. Then go to your computer/laptop's wireless card and configure it with the
router's SSID and encryption key, so it will then connect to the wireless router
and the Internet.
From your PC (not your laptop):
Type CMD and press ENTER
Type IPCONFIG and press ENTER
Find the line stating "gateway 192.168.xxx.yyy"
Start Internet Explorer
Login to your router
Click the "wireless configuration" button
Set a new security-key or passphrase.
Now, try connecting wirelessly from your laptop, using the new security-key or passphrase.
If your router configure as WEP or WAP it ask for password to connect for security.
For that connect your router to computer with ethernent cable to computer then access it with following link. http://192.168.1.1
For belkin router default link is http://192.168.15.2
type user name as "admin" and password a s"admin" or blank or 'password"
then check in wi fi security if it is cinfigured as WEp or WAP you find its password in that but it is in * or # format so set new password so you can remember it.
then save settings and restart .
But if your router has no any security then you not need password to connect it.
You would have to login to the router and see what the encryption level is, i.e. WEP or WPA, then you should see a obscure key checkbox, uncheck it to see the plaintext of the passphase, if the checkbox is unchecked when you log in then you should be able to see exactly what they are... Hope this helps!
The WEP key is something you designate on your own router. IF you are trying to get into someone else's router you need to ask them for permission to have their WEP key. Otherwise you cant get in. If you forget your WEP key you can do a hard reset on the router to clear out the key.
With each new router comes a new WEP KEY by default this could be found normally on the back of the router/access point near the bar code it should have something like this:
WEP KEY: XXXXXXX
If you don't find this sticker or don't have it just reset the router or connect by cable go to the web interface and copy or change the WEP Key there defined.
Hope that helps.
If you need and advice about a new wi-fi router....linksys all the way...;)
There is a wirless icon in the botom right corner of the screen right click it and say view all wirless networks. lock for the one you own say conect it might ask for a WEP password which is located on the botom of the router that is if you did not change it from the defult.