When I power the tv on it shuts off immediately and no video or sound but the power light blinks twice, tv would come back on when I powered it back up and play for while, now it only powers on and off, the chasis number is PTV910. Tech wants $400 to pickup/deliver
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try the following steps:
1. Turn on the tv.
2. On the remote, press the "tv" button once.
3. Press and hold "set" button until the red light blinks twice. Release "set"
4. Using the remote's keypad, type in the digits 9-9-1. The red light should blink twice.
5. Point the remote at the tv and slowly alternate between pressing the "power" button and the "tv" button. Stop when the tv shuts off.
6. To save this code, press and release the "set" key. The light should blink twice.
Your remote should be programed to your tv.
These steps came from the following link. If you have any problems, I suggest consulting the manual on the link:
I hope this helps!
press and release the tv button , then press and hold down the set button . the light will blink twice ,now enter code991 ,light will blink twice again. now aim remote at tv and keep pressing tv and power buttons untill your tv shuts off. now try to turn tv on
The clicks you are referring to sound like High Voltage Leaks or Arcing. While it is clicking check for sparks around the high voltage transformer only with your eyes from a distance. If you see sparks shut it off immediately.
I am relentless when it comes to problems like this. I had the same problem with my TV being stuck in video mode. I found out that there is a reset button......It's on the @*&#^&^ original remote!!!!! So I tried programming my Time Warner Scientific Atlanta AT8550 remote for the TV to see if the "video source" button would work. IT WORKED!!!! You have to use code 1062. Instructions are:
1. Turn the TV on. 2. Press and hold select and the TV keys until the lights blink twice. 3. Enter 1062. All mode keys blink twice to indicate that the code was accepted. 4. Point the remote at the TV and press power to test the TV. 5. You can then successfully use the "Video Source" button on the bottom left of the remote to change the video mode. VOILA!!!
If you don't have a Scientific Atlanta AT8550 remote, I'm sure you know someone that does. They're everywhere!