Question about Jenn-Air Electric Double Oven
After a power outage in the area, when power was restored my Jenn Air Model Ww27210W began to make a Buzzing/Humming noise and the was a burnt smell around the top area behind the control panel where all the wiring is. I threw the circuit breaker and the noise stoppped and the burnt smell went away after an hour. I then threw the circuit back on and the noise is still going no burning smell this time and I have no led display on the clock/top oven controller. The lights inside both ovens still work and the bottom oven which is controlled by seperate knobs works and heats fine. Any clues or advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim
Try changing the clock assembly --
here is a link to the diagram.
Electronic Clock Assembly (Series 10)
Help with series numbers
here is the part number.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
THE ONLY SOLUTION FOR THE BAD DISPLAY IS TO REPLACE THE CLOCK. I HAVE A JENN AIR OVEN TODAY AS A WORK ORDER TO REPLACE THE CLOCK FOR A FAILED DISPLAY.
FOR THE JGW8130DDB WITH NO POWER ANYWHERE, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A SUPPLY PROBLEM. MAKE SURE THE WIRING IS HOOKED UP WITH THE RED AND WHITE WIRES RECEIVING 240 VOLTS AND THE WHITE WIRE ATTACHED TO NEUTRAL / GROUND.IF THE OVEN HAS A BARE COPPER WIRE AND THE HOUSEHOLD WIRING ONLY HAS THREE WIRES, COMBINE THE WHITE WIRE AND THE COPPER WIRE TOGETHER AND ATTACH TO THE HOUSEHOLD NEUTRAL / GROUND .
UNLESS YOU ARE SURE ABOUT THE HOOKUP IN THE BREAKER/FUSE BOX, DO NOT GO SIMPLY BY THE COLOR OF THE WIRES.
Posted on Apr 10, 2008
The problem is with the faulty relay board or wire harness harness.
There are no home remedies for this problem.The only solution is to get it repaired.
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
can you hear audible tones form the machine when trying to set?? and just hte display has dimmed( amore normal complaint). all functions are working just the clock/display has dimmed to non readable state. if thats the issue youll need to replace the display part number 71003424 retails for about $165
Posted on Nov 05, 2008
It is highly likely that your heating element is open so I would ( with power removed) verify the integrity of the element by detaching it and making sure it is not elecltrically OPEN, It is nothing more than a big power resistor that when current is flowing,..gets hot but if it becomes open.. you will not have any curent flow thru it ( or heat generated from it). That would be the first place I would look.. It could also be the control that feeds it..
A few ideas to check..
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
BrianGem posted a great solution back in May of '08, I just completed that fix on my own Jenn air, took me about 30 minutes once I got the correct capacitor.
The display board apparently has a weak spot in the design, most likely heat related, (probably low priced components from offshore sources)
Fix: Replace heat damaged capacitor labeled C3 on display board, Hard part will be obtaining the 35Volt 68uF capacitor, I'm lucky enough to have a Brother in the electronics design field who found me a couple of high reliability caps designed for hot applications, He does not recommend changing sizes without design review for fear of overloading another component, however several other posts have indicated that a 35V 100mF cap has worked fine for them.
TURN OFF POWER TO OVEN PRIOR TO STARTING ANY REPAIRS.
My control panel was attached to the oven with 4 screws accessed from above the top oven door, the panel slid up about 1/2 " and lifted off, Unplug the ribbon cables and the panel can be removed to a convenient work surface. The display board itself is mounted with 4 screws and connected with a wide flat ribbon cable, the suspect capacitor is surface mounted to the reverse side of the board, two plastic clips need to be released (gently) and the ribbon cable unplugged. Capacitor is likely discolored or leaking, Using as small a soldering iron as you can find De-solder it and replace with new, match polarity marks and don’t use any more solder than needed.
If you run into trouble drop me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll try to help.
Thanks for this site..
Link to Photo sequence of capacitor replacement (Captions still will not link):
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2014 | Jenn-Air JJW9230DDS Stainless Steel...
Nov 02, 2010 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
Mar 25, 2010 | Jenn-Air JMW9527C Stainless Steel Electric...
Feb 11, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Jan 31, 2010 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
May 22, 2009 | Jenn-Air JMW9527C Electric Double Oven
Oct 28, 2008 | Jenn-Air WW27430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Oct 19, 2008 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
Oct 26, 2007 | Jenn-Air WW30430P Stainless Steel Electric...
196 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: