Ever since i hooked up router computer does not work right .i have playstation3 was told i needed router to play on line i programed router computer said it was successful,but PS3 would time out and never would connect with internet, problem2, purchased gaming adapter for direct TV/on demand .download game adapter was successful. it took 24 hours to download 1 movie, now when downloading,it says downloading is paused. i checked set up and it says can not connect with inter net. HELP
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To the best of my knowledge I don't think you can. Basically, the 'On Demand' is like watching/using BBC iPlayer, and to do that you need to go on line. Therefore, to use the on demand on your TV you need to have your TV connected to the internet in some way, usually via a router. I am no expert, but I have on Demand and my TV 'speaks' to the internet via a router in another room.
f this issue has been ongoing, I would recommend troubleshooting the network connection. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take for the network: * Disable your Media Server Connection under [Settings] [Network Settings] [Media Server Connection]. * Power cycle your network devices. Leave both your modem and router unplugged without power for at least a full two minutes.
After you power cycle, attempt to reconnect to your network with the following steps: * Select [Settings] > [Network Settings] > [Internet Connection Settings]. * Choose [Easy] set up, and then [Wireless Network]. * [Scan] for your network, then select your network from the list. * Press right once you see your network's ID, then ensure that the proper security type is highlighted. Press right again, and then enter your network security key. * Press X to save your settings, and then X again to test if your connection is now working.
* Try positioning your PlayStation3 system closer to the wireless router to enhance the wireless signal. * Try updating your router or modem firmware through your computer. * If your router has a MAC address filter, please add the MAC address of your PlayStation3 to the accepted list. Your MAC address can be found at [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information]. * You may need to open ports on your router. I've included a link to the port information below, you will need to contact your router manufacturer for support with opening the ports for game play:
* You may need to connect the PlayStation 3 system directly to your router via an Ethernet cable to increase the signal strength. * Finally, try connecting your PlayStation 3 to the Internet in a different network environment (such as a friend's house) to see if you receive better results. If you do, the problem lies with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or router manufacturer.
For additional help with network troubleshooting, check the link below:
There are multiple ways to stream Netflix over a high speed internet connection. You will need a device to run the Netflix streaming - your choices are Playstation3, Wii, Xbox, Tivo Premiere, or a Roku box. You could potentially use a computer connected to your TV to stream it as well, but the computer would need the appropriate outputs to hook up to your TV.
If you connect the computer directly to the modem, does it work? If that works then the modem is working. Now connect the computer to the router and the modem to the router. You will need to open the set up page of the router to check the settings of the router. You can set up the router without the CD also. It is very easy. Click Here for step by step instructions about how to set up the router
Firstly to use direct TV all you have to do is open up some ports on the router .
Get the port numbers from The Direct TV Tech Support
I'll give you an alternate solution in case they are unable to provide you with port numbers
Please make any changes to the router from a wired computer using lan (any computer)
Solution 1 : Opening ports
1. Start ->run -> cmd -> Ipconfig
2. You will see a default gateway address (eg :- 192.168.2.1 for belkin or 192.168.1.1 for linksis , d-link etc) which is the ip address of your router .
You havent clarified which router you have .
3.Type this gateway address (only the numbers) on the address bar of your browser or type http://address
4. Well this will open up a router setup page for you
5. Once you are through in this page half work is done
6. Click on virtual servers under Firewall( again terminologies may vary from router to router )
7. Input the port numbers and IP address of the Direct TV .
You can find the IP address of direct TV on its dashboard .
Or alternatively find the ip addresses of your devices (computer , x-box) connected to the router.
On the rsp you'll find all listed IP addresses under the first tag and so find the ip address of Direct TV
8.Reboot router .
10.You can also change the channell on the router to 6 or 11 which will give you the best signal strength.
In case you dont get the port numbers
1. Open the RSP as described earlier
2. Under Firewall you'll find DMZ Click that
3. Input the IP address of your Direct TV
4. Reboot Router
Note: This will put the Direct TV outside the firewall of the router
Hope this brings a spark to you and do let me know please.
If you have your internet to your computer and the PS3 you need a router to provide an IP for both. Otherwise your ISP will only provide an IP for what ever was hooked up first most of the time. If this is the case try only the PS3 and do the auto setup. Linksys is a simple router with great support. If there is already a router hooked up please clarify.