Question about Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top Load Washer
No matter if it is hot or cold water wont fill just hum it will spin just no water
If you disconnect the water lines from teh back of the washer is there water? If so then the problem sounds like it's your water valves. They are very easy and inexpensive to fix. Will cost you about $50 and take an hour or so.
To access the water valve, you will have to remove the cabinet.
To do this:
1) Insert a putty knife between the consol and the cabinet on the left hand side (coming from the front), apply pressure to the putty knife to release the clip. Do the same on the right hand side
2) Now the consol will be free, flip it over, and now you have full access to the clips that hold the cabinet to the back.
3) Insert a flat head into the slot and push the screw driver towards the back, this will release the large gold coloured clip. Do the same on the other side. **NOTE WHICH SIDE SLIDES INTO THE BACK PANEL.** Once you set them aside, it is possible to forget which side went where (speaking from experience)
4) There is also a wiring harness that clips to the cabinet (this is the lid switch), undo this conector.
5) Now open the lid and grab the cabinet from inside the lid. Tilt the cabinet forward, and walk backwards wit it.
6) Now the water valve will be exposed. It should just be a single screw that holds the water valve on. If memory serves me right, use a 1/4 inch nut driver.
***Just a side note, when you put everything back together, when putting the cabinet back on, it's easiest to tilt the cabinet at a 45 degree angle and keep the lid open, so you can see the front lip of the cabinet going under the frame of the washer.***
If you don't have water coming out of the water lines, then the problem is further up the line in the plumbing.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2012 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Sep 13, 2011 | Washing Machines
May 05, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel Fisher Paykel Intuitive...
May 27, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Mar 03, 2009 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
Dec 03, 2008 | Roper RAS8244KQ Top Load Washer
Oct 26, 2008 | GE WBSE2090A Top Load Washer
May 23, 2008 | Kenmore Washing Machines
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: