Question about Microwave Ovens
Potato caught fire during cooking. Microwave has no power.
Hello, inside most microwaves, there is a thermal fuse, that if something in the cooking cavity is on fire, it will melt the thermal fuse, if it gets hot enough, thus breaking the power to the unit shutting it off. This sounds like what has happened to yours, simply replacing it will correct the problem. It is usually located near a cavity exhaust point. If you aren't comfortable doing this, as it requires removing the outer cover, while unplugged, and locating/replacing it, take it to a appliance service co. This will of course cost more, if you do it yourself, make sure you provide all of your make/model/serial/anything else, that will identify your unit, and call/go online to a parts retailer, and you should be able to get it done fairly cheap.
Hope this helps, and thank you.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2014 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens
Jan 14, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 24, 2010 | Maytag MMV4203D Microwave Oven
Aug 10, 2010 | Samsung SMH8165STE Microwave Oven
Mar 24, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Oct 28, 2008 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
May 29, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 04, 2008 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven
Nov 16, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Feb 18, 2017 | In Microwave Ovens
Feb 18, 2017 | GE Microwave Ovens
2,734 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!